PDA

View Full Version : start up pack

sheila27
08-08-2011, 11:43 AM
Hi im in the process of of sending off my CRB and i also have a start up pack application form, im wondering when should i apply for the start up pack which will consist off contracts etc for when i start minding hopefully. Im thinking do i need to wait for Osted to come out for pre reg visit? Has anyone else send off for a start up pack and when did you send off for it? Im thinking if it takes a while to come throught and Ofsted approve me and im still waiting for contracts then i wont be able to start untill they arrive. Any ideas will be very helpful.

Kezzle
08-08-2011, 12:08 PM
It depends if your getting funding for it? I assume you mean the NCMA toolkit? There isn't much point sending off for it to early, as if you get funding they'll start your insurance then too and you'll waste months of being insured when you can't actually mind.

I sent mine off at the end of my BIT course. My insurance is due to start at the end of this month and i still haven't had the call for my pre reg visit! My course ended on the 28th of june.

sheila27
08-08-2011, 12:33 PM
yeah it is funded, thanks for the reply i think i will wait a couple of weeks before applying.

stardust
08-08-2011, 01:06 PM
where did you get the start up pack application form from?? and what area are you in? How do you find out if you are intitaled to funding??
Sorry i am so lost x Tara

shazsull
08-08-2011, 01:09 PM
tara i think it depends on your area im surrey and was told when i got registered id get the ncma tool kit however thats now stopped :(

stardust
08-08-2011, 01:22 PM
When did you register??? I was told id get a pack or whatever it is and a free fire blanket but i've read that we no longer get the fire blanket.
There should be some sort of set thing which tells you what your intitaled to.

sheila27
08-08-2011, 03:27 PM
Im in Stockport and was told when i took the course that we could get the tool kit free and the fire blanket, we were told not every area does this though.

shazsull
08-08-2011, 03:35 PM
i did my course nov dragged my feet as was having work done on my house waiting for my certificate toldmonth ago no blanket no kit:( have you bought your own

Kezzle
12-08-2011, 07:04 PM
Most area's have recently stopped funding. I'm in glossop and i only just got in in time before they stopped the funding.

If you were told you would be getting it funded then you would have been given a small ncma application form on the last day of your briefing session, along with your Ofsted applications i think!

Oh also as for what comes in the pack, generally your funded for the ncma toolkit including lockable file... all details of whats included are on the ncma website in their shop.

Caterpillar
12-08-2011, 09:39 PM
I got my fire blanket on ebay for £5 delivered!

Shop around!