PDA

View Full Version : NVQ application

Banana
22-12-2007, 10:25 PM
Have had a reply - finally - confirming that my application is being sent to a panel to be considered for funding, has taken them 5 weeks just to confirm its been received! :rolleyes:

Have been given the 17th of January as the decision date.

Fingers crossed its accepted.

I'll let you know what happens

xxxx

Tily Bud
22-12-2007, 10:28 PM
hope you get the funding banana x is it the nvq 3 or 4 ?

im due to start the level 3 in jan along with hazel 2 :rolleyes:

Cheryl x

carolinel
22-12-2007, 10:29 PM
fingers crossed Banana.

Wish I was doing it at the same time then we could all help one another. I have decided the time is not right for me at the moment. Can hardly cope with what I've got on now let alone the NVQ3!!

Banana
22-12-2007, 10:34 PM
Yes its the NVQ3.

Im feeling a bit worried about having the time but I wouldnt start it until september 08 so buy then I might be less busy than I am now.

xxx

carolinel
22-12-2007, 10:36 PM
Oh, I might join you then lana!

Tily Bud
22-12-2007, 10:36 PM
im sure you'll manage banana, at least there will be others on here doing it at the same time x we can all help each other x

Banana
22-12-2007, 10:42 PM
Yes, It will be nice to have others to ask on here, I'd probably be more worried if I was going into it and didnt have the forum for help aswell!

You should do try and apply for the funding Caroline, especially as its going to be a requirement to have the level 3 qualification. Im doing it at the local college (providing my funding is granted) its one evening a week 4.30-9.30, luckily it falls on my afternoon off to so it means that as long as I keep it free it wont cause me problems and will get childcare for isabelle paid for too.

xx

lindylou
22-12-2007, 11:46 PM
I did nvqlevel 3 in 1995 if you need any help then its probably different know but feel free to get in touch lindaxx

carolinel
23-12-2007, 12:04 AM
thanks for the offer lindylou, i'll bear it in mind if I decide to do it!!

Cammie Doodle
23-12-2007, 09:46 AM
Carolyn and I have done NVQ3 a couple of years ago it was called Early Years and Education then,but and now it's changed its name(it's CCLD and covers ages up to 16 now I think?) but if we can help anyone just ask (not sure how , but we will try):)

Trouble
30-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Have had a reply - finally - confirming that my application is being sent to a panel to be considered for funding, has taken them 5 weeks just to confirm its been received! :rolleyes:

Have been given the 17th of January as the decision date.

Fingers crossed its accepted.

I'll let you know what happens

xxxx
Dear banana

I have just finished my NVQ 3 CCLD and their is nothing on it that you dont know now please dont worry the hardest thing is the tracking either i didnt get it or i was too tired. Its easy!!!!

Rascal

Banana
31-12-2007, 10:43 AM
Thanks Rascal.

Have been feeling a bit undecided about it but know that i need to just do it.

Here's hoping the funding is approved :)

xxx

Trouble
02-01-2008, 06:44 PM
Thanks Rascal.

Have been feeling a bit undecided about it but know that i need to just do it.

Here's hoping the funding is approved :)

xxx

dear banana
it not hard you are doing it everyday either with your children or with your mindees if you need help i will be hear, you will need to by a book but it is usefull at home. also make sure you type everything and save it on your comp as you can use it again copy and pasteing. go for it everyone will be doing:clapping: it soon

Rubybubbles
03-01-2008, 01:26 PM
Hello lana

I'm just wrapping up my NVQ3 so if you want any help howal!! It's taken me longer to do than hoped but I did engineering at Uni so this was completely different challange to me lol!!

I've found it hard work but very rewarding I feel I know what I'm waffling on about not just knowing the titles hehehe

ajs
03-01-2008, 01:34 PM
fingers crossed Banana.

Wish I was doing it at the same time then we could all help one another. I have decided the time is not right for me at the moment. Can hardly cope with what I've got on now let alone the NVQ3!!

i am going to try for sept 08 too so we can def help each other
but i am going to have to give up a few things beofe then like laundry and housework (lovely)

Banana
17-01-2008, 09:26 PM
Well thre 17th is today and no letter in the post this morning.

I am hoping that it comes tomorrow morning to let me know if the application was succesful.

If not I guess i'll call them and have a moan. Im worried i'll be one of the ones with a rejection letter and thast why I havnt received it today :rolleyes:

we'll see!

x

miffy
17-01-2008, 09:29 PM
Fingers crossed for tomorrow then - hope you get it

Miffy xx

carolinel
18-01-2008, 07:57 PM
did you get the letter today Lana?

Banana
18-01-2008, 08:00 PM
No I bloomin didnt!!

I called them and asked what was happening. Apparently its still in the hands of the panel so need to call on monday :rolleyes:

xx

carolinel
18-01-2008, 08:06 PM
how annoying! i hate waiting.

wellybelly
18-01-2008, 08:49 PM
Oh good luck everyone starting NVQ's, Im starting mine too sometime soon x

ruby
18-01-2008, 09:00 PM
good luck katie and hope lana you have good news on Monday

cathy and rachel

miffy
18-01-2008, 09:20 PM
Oh well - no news is good news as the saying goes

Fingers crossed for Monday then

Miffy xx

chez1373
20-01-2008, 08:32 AM
Ive just applied for funding to start the NVQ3.
Good luck to everyone either in the middle of or starting the NVQ3

manjay
20-01-2008, 09:00 AM
I am struggling with this too! Everywhere I turn it seems my NCMA development officer is trying to put me off! Now I can understand why she feels I should do the DHC instead BUT I DON'T WANT TO!! Everytime I call the college that offers it I get "someone will call you back" but they never do. I have tried emailing but again no response!

By chance I was in our local children's centre the other day talking to the development workers for my volunteer work and the play supervisor overheard. She said if I do a few creches for them they will pay for it for me!

So I may get it done yet

amanda xx

Rubybubbles
21-01-2008, 02:01 PM
I do believe they have to change the nvq as mine is BT3 based, and my assessor was saying there's been a gap here too! Not trying to give them excuses though;)