PDA

View Full Version : New enquiry and bit of advice needed pls? :)

Newbie1!
07-08-2011, 09:40 PM
evening all - have just received a new enquiry via my website - it seems the lady is running out of her options...(the pleeeeeeasse can you help me at the end of the email gives it away!!!)

Anyhoo, its a bit different to any ive had before in terms of hours and I wondered what you all thought about it in terms of charging etc.

It is 12noon until 3pm Monday to Thursday. I have the space and the little one (7 months) looks sooo gorge!! It would mean a bit of logistical moving around, as in, mum would need to collect little one from me on school run.

So firstly, is it ok to ask a parent to do this if they want to use you? If not it just wouldnt be an option as I pick up at 3.15 and secondly.....what on earth would I charge!?!

Were I to take this one then I wouldnt take any more on so Im not concerned about the fact that its not a full day BUT it is a short time and is in the middle of the day so will make days trips etc a bit difficult.

Any advice much appreciated as always before i message her back! xxx

The Juggler
08-08-2011, 05:44 AM
i would tell parent you are not at home at 3pm hon, so she will have no option really.

However, I have a rule - my min. sessions are 4 hours so that would give her until 4pm anyway - by which time I assume you will be home??? and if she wants you to give lunch she has to ensure she is with you by 12 on the dot (or whatever time suits you before you servce lunch) as you can't be welcoming her in if you are trying to feed and supervise lunchtime with other children.

Maybe 1130-1530 would be better?:)

Newbie1!
08-08-2011, 11:10 AM
i would tell parent you are not at home at 3pm hon, so she will have no option really.

However, I have a rule - my min. sessions are 4 hours so that would give her until 4pm anyway - by which time I assume you will be home??? and if she wants you to give lunch she has to ensure she is with you by 12 on the dot (or whatever time suits you before you servce lunch) as you can't be welcoming her in if you are trying to feed and supervise lunchtime with other children.

Maybe 1130-1530 would be better?:)

Thanks sweetie, I dont normally have a minimu hours thing but then its never come up either so havent had to have. I had wondered about saying I charge for a minimum of 4 hours so that she would have to pay my standard half day rate.

I think I am going to talk myself out of this one as I dont really want to have another little one with me on school runs so dont want to suggest staying til 4 and also I have a nursery run at 11.30 so couldnt suggest they come earlier either....could really do with the pennies but just dont think this one will fit in properly with us so all the littlies still get the right amount of attention :(

Think I may email her and say I have the availability BUT would have to collect from me at school and would be subject to a half session fee and see what she says to that!! Thanks Juggs :) :) xx

caz3007
08-08-2011, 03:24 PM
As to the collecting at the school. Its not been a problem. I took on a new LO without any school age siblings, but they drop and collect at the school during termtime, cos it fits in with all of us and it wasnt a problem to them.

Andrea08
08-08-2011, 03:54 PM
hi, i had funny hrs / part timers and i did a pick up drop off service so i would never be late for my school pick ups,

do they live close by or on rute to school?

i would charge by the session as it takes a full afternoon session it would be £12.50 (12-3pm) but all of mine arrive at 2.55pm because i leave at 3pm for school so if later then Lo's have to come with me and therefore I charge the 3-6pm session at another £12.50 for under 5yr olds (£10 for over 5yr olds!!) so parents are never late :D

good luck