PDA

View Full Version : Help Regarding First aid kit- Please Help x

stardust
07-08-2011, 06:31 PM
Hi I am looking into buying a first aid kit as I am pre-reg and I want to be ready and prepared.
I have been having a look but all first aid kits vary in contence so i was wondering if there was a specific list of what we have to have.
Also....

What is in your first aid kit?

How many do you have?

Where do you keep it?

Thanks in advance
Tara x

Zumba-mum
07-08-2011, 07:14 PM
Hi i've not got one for childminding yet but the one i have which is prob out of date(will let the kids use for role play) has 1 triangle bandage two other kind, scissor, plasters , sterile gauze compress pad, i pair of gloves , alcohol prep pad and a head thermon,

I will have two, one of which will stay the car/come on outings.

shazsull
07-08-2011, 07:29 PM
i bought one from e bay says its ofsted approved about 13.00 they sell them on amazon to.

stardust
07-08-2011, 08:46 PM
Thankyou ladies x

katie78
07-08-2011, 09:04 PM
When i had my pre reg visit about a month ago mrs o said she wasnt really that bothered what was in it as to be honest if the mindees needed some major medical attention that the hospital would do it ! She also said she never checks first aid boxes either !
Mine was all ready in the kitchen and its a 10 man one with loads of things in minus 2 bandages and a triangular one dd1 nabbed to play with ;)

Katie

rickysmiths
07-08-2011, 09:16 PM
If you click on the first, first aid kit on this link it will list the suggested contents. It is what the National Childminding Assocoation suggest you have.

http://www.*************/about_ncma/benefits_of_membership/save_with_ncma/ncma_shop/First-aid_kit_permissions.aspx

boxtree7
07-08-2011, 09:19 PM
years ago this was one of the things ofsted looked to see - the contents of your 1st aid box (wish it was still like that) - I got the childminder recommended one from amazon - i used the link from here they also sell one for your car.

Graham
07-08-2011, 09:38 PM
This one from the forum shop is OFSTED compliant.

http://astore.amazon.co.uk/childminding-21/detail/B001E0DA2U

We get a small commission from everyone sold which helps with the running costs of the forum. :thumbsup: