PDA

View Full Version : Help need!!!! Pre- reg

mrs paterson
07-08-2011, 09:02 AM
Hi childminders
Am new to all this and looking for some advice.
I have sent all my forms bk to scswis with my fees too!
Am now wanting on someone to contact me about my first visit.
Are you aloud to advertise when pre reg plus the schools and college are due bk aug and september so would like to have places filled she said ask on fone when so i hope to be reg for a said asaP

Can any1 help

I also need policy in fo

mrs paterson
07-08-2011, 11:52 PM
can anyone out theree help me:littleangel:

Mamma4Ya
08-08-2011, 06:31 AM
Not sure about this one, as you could potentially fill your places and still not be registered in time.

lorimac
08-08-2011, 07:03 AM
I would think that if you've still not had a first visit then there is very little chance that you will be registered for the schools going back, the Care Commission were really slow and by the looks of things the SCSWIS are even worse.... good luck though...

Amyclark32
08-08-2011, 01:22 PM
Hi there. Have you got your pvg back and have the confirmed all other checks are done? I have been waiting 4 weeks since getting my pvg for my visit and have been told it'll be last week in august for my visit. I wouldn't fill spaces til your visit as I've heard even after your visit it can take a few weeks to get your certificate. I sent my forms off in April. x

kellib
10-08-2011, 07:44 PM
Phone them every day until you get a date for someone coming out to you.

I sent off everything they required, references, doctors notes etc and no one got back to me. I had to phone them and ask what was going on and the woman said 'oh yeah, we should arrange to come out and see you now' :eek:

So she came out 2 weeks later, said everything was fine, that I'd be registered within a few weeks. 6 weeks later and nothing, she was ignoring my phone calls, my emails and it took until I finally managed to speak to someone else in the office before she even started writing my report. 3 weeks later I was finally registered but only because I kept phoning and pestering to find out what was going on.

I wouldn't advertise spaces until you have at least spoken to someone about your pre reg visit.

Good luck!

danasdaycare
11-08-2011, 12:02 PM
You are not allowed to advertise before you are registered, so unfortunately you will need to wait.

As others have suggested, pester them.

Good Luck!:D

Dana

mrs paterson
25-08-2011, 07:54 PM
thanks guys

i was over today with my pvg checks and all went well so thts sent off now my 2 ref a sent away too :)

they say they aim for a 3month window:idea: so let see what happens with that 1

is there anything i should be doing when am waiting

danasdaycare
27-08-2011, 09:07 PM
Definitely do word of mouth that you hope to be registered....

mrs paterson
07-09-2011, 12:23 PM
well update on my reg:)

well guess what am still waiting :angry: boohoo

i see on here tht a lot of people have there polices and procdures done for them coming out for first visit but a dnt no where to start

Kirsteen
07-09-2011, 04:18 PM
They won't come out for your first visit until everything else is in place, and that includes your policies and procedures. These have to be submitted with part 5 of the application form which they send you when they are happy with parts 1-4. They will send u a list of what points you need to cover in your policies. If you look up Bromley Childminding Association you can get free templates for policies. Obviously they are for the English system so don't fully fit the Scottish framework, but i found them a good starting point for wording my policies and just had to make sure i slotted in all the extra bits we need up here. Have you completed a pre-reg training course with your council, as they should be helping you through the process??? It took me weeks to finalise my policies, so if I were you start on that while you are waiting. And give your house a good old spring clean and declutter too :)

mrs paterson
07-09-2011, 08:16 PM
:clapping: kirsteen am based in glasgow

i got given a scswis officer today a very helpful lady so lets hope i get it all right first time

Demonjill
27-09-2011, 10:07 PM
I was told you could "let people know" you are registering but you could only officially advertise when you get the conditions of your registration sent out to you ( after officer is happy at the visit and discussed what these terms will be) for you to sign and send back. At this point everything has been approved their end and only you not agreeing to the terms can stop it going ahead really.

Good luck keep us posted :thumbsup:

mrs paterson
04-10-2011, 11:04 PM
Hi everyone,

Just thought u woul keep you all up to date with my regisation.

Well i had my first visit today after a phone call on monday :)

Are all my worry she passed me but there is 3 miner problem :-high lock on bk gate and an extra gate for deckibg again then i have to get 2 mains fire alarms as my standard 1s dnt meet the needs

Has any1 got any ideas on how much they cost to fit