PDA

View Full Version : newbie in need of advice

kerry1
07-08-2011, 07:47 AM
hiya,

my pre-reg meeting isnt till nov and i want to go the ball rolling, i have research childminding quite a lot but i am getting in a muddle now......

just wondering i have done my first aid, done my policies, filled in reg forms ( not sent off) and now i wanted to do my CYPOP5 course, can i do it through it online course?? as i see ncma do the course.

any advice i would be greatful.

cheers xx:clapping:

khlwomitchell
07-08-2011, 07:55 AM
seems to depend upon where you live.
I'm in east sussex and didn't get any info on it until i had sent off my paperwork to register. (as far as i remember)

You may be entitled to class room learning, like west sussex, but if not money off. The NCMA is £190 but when booked through my local autority i will get £100 refund on completion.
Best way is go through the loal council funding support office, you should beable to get their name from one of the many things you will have been sent.
Good luck, done two tasks of it so far and its not exactly enthralling!

kerry1
07-08-2011, 08:08 AM
thankyou for your advice, there is so much to take in!

so should i sent my reg forms off asap?? i have been waiting since jan to go on the course and they keep putting date back and it is frustrating so i wanted to get started before the course takes place.... i do not mind paying a little out..

khlwomitchell
07-08-2011, 08:16 AM
only been registered since jan but already forgotten the process, i thought the pre-reg was after the paperwork was sent off, then waiting for the crb and certificate to arrive?! mind has gone blank.
Good luck, extra time to do it will help and in some ways progress your understanding of the buisness. I have started minding and then done the CYPOP5 so i am going backwards.
Best wishes