PDA

View Full Version : HELP insurance

sarah c
06-08-2011, 06:20 PM
insurance help

hello i wondered if anyone would be able to help me with insurance to go with, i dont know where to go with NCMA or Morton Michel

thanks to any of you that are able to make this part abit easier

xx

miffy
06-08-2011, 09:03 PM
I'm with NCMA and have been all the time that I've been childminding - NCMA seems more expensive than MM because you pay a membership fee as well as your insurance. You can't buy NCMA insurance unless you are a member of the NCMA (the only professional body that represents all childminders on issues that affect us)
If you are insured by NCMA then you have to use their paperwork (contracts) or their legal team may not represent you if their is a contractual problem.

MM are just an insurance company - although many forum members are insured by them and have had excellent service from them. There is no obligation to use MM paperwork.

It is also possible to be a member of the NCMA and purchase your insurance from MM.

Miffy xx

sarah c
06-08-2011, 10:22 PM
awwwww thank you so much for the help it has really helped me xx

sarah707
07-08-2011, 07:23 AM
Miffy has given you an excellent answer.

The only other thing I would say is to read the small print - for example one lets you care for more older children than the other, one lets you allow older children to play out... make sure the cover is right for you.

Hth :D

sarah c
07-08-2011, 08:51 AM
thank you so much Sarah x