PDA

View Full Version : omg 3 ofsted visits in 4 years

TRACEY1969
06-08-2011, 10:31 AM
a parent has just rung me about minding for her mindee, i asked her why is she changing minders ( i know why but didn't say) she said her minder gave her notice via letter. her minder has had 3 Ofsted visits in the last 4 years the latest one June 2011 graded inadequate, no first aid, no medical and emgency in place, no risk assessements and parents permission for outings so why do Ofsted still let them child mind. I have read her report and she has been actioned and had complaints againest her. The parents don't know about her Ofsted report as the minder has never let them see it:panic: :eek:

Twinkle-Toes
06-08-2011, 10:44 AM
Oh dear....this is the reason i'm dragging my heels about reporting a cm i know to Ofsted. They don't seem to use any real clout!!

TRACEY1969
06-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Oh dear....this is the reason i'm dragging my heels about reporting a cm i know to Ofsted. They don't seem to use any real clout!!

i am so glad i don't have anything to do with this cm. I went to the local wacky bout 10 months ago to meet other cm's there and she was sitting in the group. I didn't speak to her at all but she was telling other cm's about the complaints made against her. When she went the cm's said omg i said yes and i also said if she here again next time i wont be sitting with her or other cm's who are with her, my reprutation will be in tatters.

The Juggler
06-08-2011, 11:20 AM
ofsted really need to deal with things more appropriately. there are cm's who do their darndest to do a good job and get pulled up on the slightest thing then there are repeat offenders who get nothing more than a slap on the wrist. makes me so :angry: :angry: :angry:

beccas
06-08-2011, 05:29 PM
i know 2 cm like this it really makes me mad xxx:mad:

Mouse
06-08-2011, 06:11 PM
I also know 2 minders like that. They regularly have unannounced Ofsted visits, sometimes for what I consider quite serious things, but they get a slap on the wrists & just carry on doing exactly the same till the next visit.

I have to say though, it has caught up with one of them. She was always very busy (to the point of overminding - complaint upheld, several times) and people couldn't understand how she kept getting the work. It turns out now that she was very cheap compared to the rest of us and was mainly working for people she knew (who were like her & didn't mind the complaints). Now all those children have grown up & moved onto school, she is really struggling to get work. People who don't know her take one look & walk away and her reputation is not at all good.

I suppose what I'm saying (in a long winded way!) is that even though it looks as if these people are getting away with it, it does catch up with them in the end.

VINASOL
06-08-2011, 06:16 PM
a parent has just rung me about minding for her mindee, i asked her why is she changing minders ( i know why but didn't say) she said her minder gave her notice via letter. her minder has had 3 Ofsted visits in the last 4 years the latest one June 2011 graded inadequate, no first aid, no medical and emgency in place, no risk assessements and parents permission for outings so why do Ofsted still let them child mind. I have read her report and she has been actioned and had complaints againest her. The parents don't know about her Ofsted report as the minder has never let them see it:panic: :eek:

There's an after school club like this...Ofsted actually had the guts to close one of this woman's settings down, but theone still going (at my son's school) has had five complaints - one of which was from Ofsted's very own compliance team :eek: :eek: ....when I spoke to Ofsted they said "we are not in the business of closing childcare providers down"...in spite of the fact that the owner of said after school club provides ad-hoc staff who do not speak English; staff who are not Enhanced CRB checked; do not understand the EYFS and cannot implement it, and have so many safeguarding issues it is ridiculous...and yet this business is still going - albeit with less children but what is even WORSE is the 'couldn't-care-less view of the HT of the school where the breakfast/after school club is based (the club is for this particular school only)...I don't know what's worse...the people running it so badly or the HT ignoring it...

jan
06-08-2011, 07:31 PM
I know of a childminder like this in my area, she has been reported on a number of times over the years but always get away with it.
She comes across so nice but is quite nasty to the children when she thinks know one is looking.:angry: :angry:

Erika
06-08-2011, 08:17 PM
Scotland doesn't have a great system either for dealing with repeat offenders.

The Care Commission (before SCSWIS took over) upheld 18 complaints about one nursery over a three year period (this is only the upheld ones, not others that weren't upheld), and issued 4 improvement notices. They eventually proposed to cancel the registration but the owner of the nursery went to court and it's been kept open because of a legal technicality in that the Care Commission is now desolved andd SCSWIS has no legal interest. It continues to operate.

Though this is a nursery and not a childminder, it just shows how sometimes there is little that they can do.

SCSWIS advertise it here (http://www.scswis.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7916&Itemid=728)