PDA

View Full Version : How do prospective parents access my Ofsted report?

Maza
06-08-2011, 09:30 AM
Hi there,

I had an email from a prospective parent and she wants to access my Ofsted report before coming to visit. Am I right in thinking she can only do this if she knows my EY number (which she doesn't). Should I give her my EY number or not? Sorry for the silly question!

Twinkle-Toes
06-08-2011, 09:41 AM
As far as i'm aware that is the only way to view it online. Or she could put in some of your details and guess/work out which one is you!! Either way she will know your EY number.

You could always copy your Ofsted report and e-mail it to her?

Maza
06-08-2011, 09:58 AM
Thanks Kate,

I don't mind her reading my report at all so wouldn't mind emailing it to her. I just wasn't sure if we should give out our EY numbers randomly as I don't have any of her details and I have read that people were using EY numbers to claim money that they are not entitled to (could be totally confused though).

Twinkle-Toes
06-08-2011, 10:07 AM
Yeah I wouldn't give her your number without any of her details/meeting.

Just copy bits from your report without your number and e-mail her that. Thats what I would do x

Maza
06-08-2011, 10:10 AM
Thanks Kate. That's helpful and a good idea about emailing parts of it!

mama2three
06-08-2011, 10:15 AM
i would definately copy it to word , take out the number , and email it to her. I wouldnt just do 'parts' of the report as it may appear to her that you are missing out the less favourable parts!

It really should be possible to have a seperate number for ofsted and benefits to avoid this. Of course parents want to be able to access the ofsted site and look us up - but with the high rate of fraud going on we shouldnt feel pressure to give out our number!

Maza
06-08-2011, 10:22 AM
Oh yes, good point! It's probably easier to just send the whole thing (minus the number) than sift through and be selective.

I agree that prospective parents should read the reports, I certainly would! As I said, I have no problem with that part of the request.

Thanks for replying. Have a good day everyone!

Twinkle-Toes
06-08-2011, 10:42 AM
Sorry, i didn't mean 'parts' as in pick and choose just meant the bits you wanted her to see ie NOT your number!!

Not feeling very eloquent today!

Maza
06-08-2011, 04:16 PM
No Kate, it was me misinterpreting it! I'm obviously having a ditsy day! You made it perfectly clear!

catswhiskers
15-08-2011, 10:22 PM
I've been childminding for 10 years now and don't mind giving parents my EY number. If they ask, I give them a copy of my latest report, with EY number included.

If you didn't, they can just go online anyway and deduce from a postcode and description of the setting, who is who.

For example, so and so lives in a three bedroom, has her own children aged .......... etc. etc.

Maza
05-10-2011, 07:35 PM
Thanks everyone. Have a good evening. xx

Flisspaps
06-10-2011, 09:20 AM
It's also searchable using your postcode - if she goes on the search part of the Ofsted website, and looks under 'distance from your home' she can put in your postcode - of course she has to work out which one is you if there is more than one provider in your postcode!

You could also link directly to it from your website.

messyplay
06-10-2011, 09:52 AM
If you look on family information service and you let them give out your details you will find your ofsted number on there for all to see with a link to your report in derbyshire anyway

The Juggler
06-10-2011, 10:36 AM
you could copy your report to a blank word doc, take out the number then e-mail it to her :thumbsup: