PDA

View Full Version : fire inspection!

haribo
06-05-2008, 06:36 PM
was booked for tthem to come out before half term, but the little boy i mind who would have been so excited to see them was off with chicken pox, so i cancelled and was going to get them out soon. anyway, they were in our road fitting some alarms and they knocked on my door and asked if i wanted a free inspection!they checked the alarms i had and put another in the loft. they gave me some leaflets and a safety check and said everything looked good with easy access outside in case of fire. the only thing was i had no little ones here, so they said theyd come back tomorrow to get some piccies, and let him sit in the engine!! unless they have a fire of course! they really were great , going to get lots of pics tomorrow :)

sarah707
06-05-2008, 07:01 PM
I bet the little ones will be sooo excited! :D

Gherkin
06-05-2008, 07:02 PM
You are so lucky. All I had was a woman who works at the station (not going out and fighting fires) going through a tick list with me etc. My ds was bitterly disappointed my dd and a mindee didn't give two hoots but ds is a big Fireman Sam fan and was really sad afterwards.:(

breezy
06-05-2008, 07:06 PM
thats great, the excitement will be hard to contain!
Have you asked if you can take the little ones to look round the station?
our local station will let a group of minders and kids visit, cant hurt to ask!
let us know how it goes :)

haribo
06-05-2008, 07:27 PM
i thought every area had this available, i did have the tick list but it was 3 lovely firemen. :blush: they said i could call in at the station if i want but then asked if i had the kids tomorrow i said yes and they said they would come back . my brothers a firefighter and i know what a hard job it can be, he likes going out educating people about the dangers, and talking to kids as well . they take a lot of stick from some older kids so it must be nice when they get treated like the heroes they often are :clapping: :clapping:

brillminder
06-05-2008, 08:50 PM
wish they would come to mine, But we do have builders round the corner and the children are loving them at the moment :)

angeldelight
07-05-2008, 08:56 AM
Lucky you

Hope you get the pics today

Angel xx