PDA

View Full Version : Can I still mind??

SammyM
05-08-2011, 07:33 PM
Had a note through my door tonight from Severn Trent to say my water is going to be off for 2 days next week, can I still childmind on these days??? Suppose I could always pack up for the day and have a day out??

What do you think??

onceinabluemoon
05-08-2011, 07:46 PM
do RAs to show how you will manage without mains water, eg for drinking, hand washing, toilet flushing etc (you could fill the bath for toilet flushing but then have a risk of drowning...)

When you've done that., you will have your answer. x

mandy moo
06-08-2011, 06:53 AM
I had this a couple of months back, the water company were doing fairly major works in the village and it went on for a few weeks.
It was'nt just for a couple of hours either, they shut it off from 8.30 - 5.30.
I rang them up told them I was a childminder and that I would have to close if I didnt have water for flushing the loo, drinking, cooking etc and rightly or wrongly, I also said I would send them a bill for lost earnings, if I had to close.

They sent 4, 5litre bottles on each day that they turned the water off.
I was happy with that..

christine e
06-08-2011, 07:26 AM
Think I would store as much water as I could in suitable containers with lids/screw tops (borrow from anyone you know who goes camping) - arrange with a friend or relative to be available to restock and go out as much as possible

Good luck

Cx

rickysmiths
06-08-2011, 04:28 PM
We had a notice of Water going off for a whole day from 8.30 to 6pm. In reality it only went of briefly. I filled the bath and made sure I had plenty of containers and bottles of water.

Luckly I only had mindees in nappies. We also had notice of electricity off for a day so no cooking, boiled water and we managed.

Monkey26
06-08-2011, 04:32 PM
I'm with South West Water and they have whats called a 'priority family scheme' which as a childminder i have joined - similar to a previous poster, if the water ever goes off they will supply x litres of water per day :-) give your water board a call xx