PDA

View Full Version : IDEAS PLEASE

Penny1959
05-08-2011, 12:29 PM
Ok - Worcestershire LA have asked for my input for their next Childminding Conference in November ( a bit chuffed really - maybe they are starting to miss me and my good ideas since I left my job with them)

So if you are a Worcestershire childminder - what workshops would you like?

And if you are a childminder from another area - have you been to any good workshops recently- just need the ideas - but if you do have a trainers name that would be great.

So far (with some input from Carol M) have come up with ideas for 'news time' such as PPL and the new 3 hours phyisical exercise (this one could be extended to a workshop)
Carol would like something on fees and being sustainable - as local gossip suggests that because some are short of work they are going to lower fees :panic:

I would like something on ' consulting with young children is not just about giving them a camera - it is about 'listening to them through choices and body langage and demonstrated preferences' - might have to come up with a better title :laughing: (sorry a bit of a 'soap box' issue for me - I am a trained trainer in listening to young children and use of a camera is only ONE way of consulting with children)

Also something on Risk assessment - Maybe 'Pre completed bits of paper verus common sense here and now judgements'

But what we really need is - Something that is FUN :D

Your ideas please

Penny :)

BuggsieMoo
05-08-2011, 02:30 PM
How about making music with young children from household objects - i.e. toilet roll rain maker, paper plate maraccas (sp) or tamborine, pie dish cymbols etc - the list is endless and its a great bit of recycling.

Lisa x

Pixie dust
05-08-2011, 02:47 PM
I am not in your area but something I would like is 'making the most of your outdoor space'

blue bear
05-08-2011, 03:05 PM
Our network training day this year was based on outdoors we had three workshops

1. Making willow fairy crowns using flowers etc to decorate this was run by the forest school trainer

2. Making puppets from scrap materials, start off with a pair of tights ( very multicultural as they come in all shades) then add pipe cleaner arms them clothes hair etc

3. Ecatepec local trainer gave a char on communication friendly spaces, we were given bags of things to make areas, things like netting, material, pegs etc

It was a fabulous day and have used every idea over the summer break, it did help it was a lovely day weather wise!!

Cammie Doodle
05-08-2011, 08:18 PM
Forest school Penny, but I think you already have this in mind :thumbsup:

miffy
05-08-2011, 09:20 PM
The last regional meeting I went to we had a brilliant chap called the music man.

Don't have any contact details to hand but I'm sure if you ask ChristineE she can put you in touch with him.

Miffy xx

sarah707
06-08-2011, 08:14 AM
Wendy Whittaker large is fab! She does a lot of talks - one about schemas always goes down well and I am sure she travels.

She is linked to MMU and she owns a training company. I don't have the link on my laptop but I'm sure you can google her :D

Penny1959
06-08-2011, 03:41 PM
Thank you ladies for your fab ideas - I will find out details and pass on to Worcestershire LA

Yes June - Forest school in pipeline - now looking at Feb (as I really want to do it - I have postponed the Feb one)

Penny :)