PDA

View Full Version : Help! calling any crafters

sillysausage
05-08-2011, 08:43 AM
I am making some homemade photo books of our trips out this summer, scribing the childrens' comments under the photos and then laminating the sheets. I need a good cheap way of joining the pages together. I know there are things out there that would be good, for instance, I'm sure you can get rings (a bit like keyring split rings) that clip together and so would be easier for putting through punched holes in the laminated sheets.....trouble is I don't know what they are called. I've searched lots of likely words on ebay but without luck.

So please help me with your combined extensive knowledge I'm sure a way can be found :)

miffy
05-08-2011, 08:49 AM
I think they're called binding machines and Wilkos sell them

Miffy xx

miss mopple
05-08-2011, 08:54 AM
How about using a file instead? Or you could take the metal clip bit out of an old file and use that.

Alternatively good old tags (the string with metal ends like we used to use at school), or you could tie together with ribbon to make it look pretty

shazsull
05-08-2011, 09:01 AM
I think they're called binding machines and Wilkos sell them

Miffy xx

do you know how much they are ??thanks do u mean wilkinsons??:blush:

caz3007
05-08-2011, 09:23 AM
The rings you are talking about are called 'Bookrings'. They come in all sorts of sizes and you can probably get them on Ebay.

I scrapbook and use them for mini albums a lot

BuggsieMoo
05-08-2011, 09:23 AM
If you want the individual ones (like you get on keys) they are called split rings and they are sold on ebay in bags of 100.

I got a binding machine from tesco for £15 - however the plastic sheets and the binders are quite expensive.

HTH

Lisa x

rickysmiths
05-08-2011, 09:36 AM
These are good I use them to keep flash cards and small photo books together.

http://www.art-of-craft.co.uk/acatalog/Binder_Rings.html

caz3007
05-08-2011, 10:14 AM
These are good I use them to keep flash cards and small photo books together.

http://www.art-of-craft.co.uk/acatalog/Binder_Rings.html

Those were what I was meaning, use them all the time and they are great. I googled and Staples do them, didnt think of there :laughing:

sillysausage
05-08-2011, 02:48 PM
book rings.....yeah! thankyou Caz3007 they are exactly what I meant. I have split rings for various craft projects but it is hard to get them through punched holes in a laminated sheet so I wanted something easier

Well done...I knew someone would save the day :clapping: :clapping: