PDA

View Full Version : speed of CRB and Ofsted?

jadavi
05-08-2011, 05:32 AM
Just realised the Osted 7 weeks wait for registration doesn't start till the CRBs are back and am only now just filling them in :(
I could've applied in June straight after getting the first aid but didnt cos thought Ofsted could come within 2 weeks and my house wasn't ready.... so I'm annoyed with myself.

Any idea how long CRBs take these days? Guess it differs by county.

Also do they wait the 7 weeks before coming (Ofsted)?

I am in N Norfolk if anyone knows and could kindly let me know.

Bang goes my hopes for being registered by next term.

snuffy123lulu
05-08-2011, 06:26 AM
I have recently got one on my son which took five weeks and also on my assistant which only took three weeks for both CRB and Social Services to be done. I am in Humberside.

Zumba-mum
05-08-2011, 07:31 AM
Here they have taken 4wks ( my friend had hers done) I'm hoping to be reg end Aug/sep. Fingers crossed it doesn't take to long for you.

shazsull
05-08-2011, 08:27 AM
my crbs took about 5 weeks my daughters was sent back and i returned it 3 weeks after opps .yet out of 4 that came back 1st then ive waited another 5 weeks for my last one that went with the original lot grrr ofsted even phoned the crb office to see what was happening.
im hopeing my cerificate is in the post soon !!!
ofsted called within days of my crbs going off i thought i had a safe few weeks till they came back but no think they visited within 2 weeks .thats what makes it worse waiting for the damn things to come back

jayjay1963
05-08-2011, 08:32 AM
My youngest DD needs a CRB for her work and recently changed jobs. She got her new CRB back in 6 days!!:clapping: Not sure if it was quicker because she had already had one for the same kind of work though. We're in Wiltshire by the way.

Jacqui