PDA

View Full Version : Grants

kellib
04-08-2011, 08:35 PM
I'm in the process of setting up as a child minder and when I had the pre registration visit the lady mentioned getting a start up grant, does anyone know where I can get information on this?

I'm going to email the lady tomorrow but thought I'd ask on here too :)

Mouse
04-08-2011, 08:48 PM
It varies from area to area, so you will need to contact the early years team where you live to find out what you can get.

It may be that you get your initial fees paid and one years insurance, though in my area they've even stopped doing that :(

mandynunn84
04-08-2011, 09:05 PM
think you have to go through the preschool learning alliance... its £300 here in essex, but if you move within a yr you have to pay the whole lot bk... my hubby is in the army an we could move anytime with as little as 4 weeks notice so i didnt apply ... xx

Mainey84
05-08-2011, 08:20 AM
I get my course free and my first aid discounted to £50 and that's it, due to cutbacks that's all they can offer at the moment, i need to get my first aid booked because they have said it might not stay that cheap :eek:

shazsull
05-08-2011, 08:32 AM
no help here in sutton ,my course (back in nov)was free now its £60
they did supplie the first aid but that was a saturday so i had to do it privately was told theyd pay 70 towards it hmmm no comment also said we would get the ncma book pack(paperwork) when we registered now thats stopped!!!!!my own fault for dragging my feet i suppose.