PDA

View Full Version : level 3 obs

BuggsieMoo
04-08-2011, 05:35 PM
Hi All
Ive got my first 'practical' observation with my level 3 assessor tomorrow morning and although i've met her and know I have a good setting I'm still really nervous.

Ive started my level 3 and as though of yo who are doing it will know some of your credits are based on what they observe. Tomorrow she has told me she is focusing on creativity.

I have got the following ideas as I only have 2 mindees tomorrow aged 17 months and 5 years and my own daughter aged 4 years with music making, instrument making, clay, sticking and dancing to an action dvd.

However, does anyone have any advice for some good easy creative activities that both the 17 month old and 5 year old can do together? Sorry but my brain has gone to sleep!

I'd like to focus on Ramadan if possible.

Thanks all
Lisa x

Helen Dempster
04-08-2011, 08:30 PM
Hi ya - I did bubble painting for my NVQ3 assessment and it went down really well. I was so nervous, like you - but there really is no need to be, you'll be fine (from one who knows).

Not much help, sorry - didn't want to read and run as they say :D

rickysmiths
04-08-2011, 08:40 PM
I would not worry about Ramadan because what would a 17mth old remember and the older ones are prob not old enough to realise the full ramifications.

Do something you are familiar with and you know the children will enjoy. Go outsde as well if you can, use the sand pit, water painting on the fence or patio.

I was complimented as the only childminder of the 29 she observered in the preceeding 2 weeks that took any photos.

She also liked it because I allowed them to take risks ie making their own way over the garden to a small slide and using it, climbing on and off small rockers. Mine were only 14mths, 13mths and 11mths.

Above all relax and be youself. Good Luck!

Ant_h18
05-08-2011, 09:55 AM
How did you become a Childminder without been a level 3

BuggsieMoo
05-08-2011, 11:32 AM

You do not have to have your level 3 - it is not compulsory. I am doing it to become accrediated.

BuggsieMoo
05-08-2011, 11:34 AM
Thanks all. She has been and gone and it went really well. As she was arriving out ladybirds started to hatch so that took over for a while whilst we watched and discussed, when the looked at the caterpillars and held them which lead to craft about them both

We also made some clay pots (childrens idea) and even the 17 month old got involved.

Assessor told me I covered lots of areas and that she was really impressed with the setting and my standard!

Fantastic - now off to the city farm!

rickysmiths
05-08-2011, 12:42 PM
Well Done!:clapping: :clapping:

Rubybubbles
05-08-2011, 06:51 PM
well done, I think sometimes we panic when inspectors/assessors come but really we need to just do what we normally do:thumbsup:

khlwomitchell
05-08-2011, 07:43 PM

i'm not either!