PDA

View Full Version : ICP exam tomorrow...

tinytigers
06-05-2008, 01:26 PM
I am really worried. Have looked at my books like mad this week but we did a pretend exam last week and I failed the test by one mark.

I found some of the questions were worded really strange. I passed my NVQ2 no problem but am not very good with exams. The tutor said all my work has been excellent but none of that counts if I fail the exam.

Anyone got any words of wisdom?

deeb66
06-05-2008, 01:38 PM
I think the most inportant thing is not to panic.

Try to stay calm and relaxed.

Read and re-read the question before you answer it.

Leave yourself enough time to go back and re-read the questions again and check your answers.......whilst doing this make sure you actually read it and digest the question.....you may have read it wrong the first time iyswim.

Good luck - I hope all goes well

bubbly
06-05-2008, 01:50 PM
All the very best. Hope it goes well for you :)

sarah707
06-05-2008, 02:44 PM
I have a friend who is exactly the same in exam situations... what she does is sit and read the whole paper through without answering anything first...

Then she goes through and answer the ones she knows ..

Then she goes back through and make a good stab at the others.

I hope this helps! :D

Spangles
06-05-2008, 02:54 PM
Good luck tomorrow.

Take lots and lots of deep breaths to keep calm, there's loads and loads of time to do the exam so just take it easy and re-read the questions and do it in pencil.

I totally know where you are coming from, some of the questions are worded oddly so you do have to think but I am positive that you will pass with flying colours.

Remember though that even if you do fail the test you can take it again it's not a problem you can't get over.

As soon as you feel a panic coming on just take a deep breath and slow down, this really works for me plus picture yourself being told that you've passed!

You can do it!

Splish Splosh
06-05-2008, 04:36 PM
good luck hope all goes well.:thumbsup:

Cazz
06-05-2008, 04:52 PM
Good luck with the exam.

Let us know how it is - I will have mine in a few weeks time and am getting nervous already! Haven't sat an exam for years!

Carole x

miffy
06-05-2008, 05:04 PM
Just wanted to wish you the very best of luck for tomorrow

Hope it goes well for you

miffy xx

MissTinkerbell
06-05-2008, 06:27 PM
Good luck with you're exam. Just try not to panic. Take your time and read the questions carefully.

I have mine in three weeks and starting to panic - even though I have an Early Years degree and 18 years childcare experience I'm still nervous.

Good luck

breezy
06-05-2008, 06:32 PM
good luck, try to relax, take your time and read questions carefully, you'll be fine:)

angeldelight
07-05-2008, 09:20 AM
Hope it went ok Jane ?

Angel xx

Ripeberry
08-05-2008, 04:23 PM
Went to pre-registration briefing last night and they said we would sit a multi answer paper but they said it was NOT an exam, as the main thing they wanted us to do was attend all 8 sessions.
How come some local authorities do exams and others don't?

Wendy Woo
08-05-2008, 05:30 PM
I found a lot of my questions were worded weird. U just need to sit a read a couple of times and 9 times out of 10 its just using common sense!
Im sure u will be fine.

Good luck anyway
xx:thumbsup:

Mollymop
08-05-2008, 05:54 PM
You'll be fine. Just make sure you read the questions well. I answers are all there in the question.
I was told on my icp course that we only had to do the course, but the exam was optional - is that the same for you?

tinytigers
09-05-2008, 12:23 PM
Oh well all that worrying for nothing!! We got to college on Wednesday and we were told the exam is cancelled . The reason being the college made a cock up with ordering the exam papers from CACHE and they werent delivered in time. Its going to take another 2 weeks now until we can take the exam and thats if I can get another night off work. They have already let me swap my shift for the seven weeks, dont think they are going to be to happy. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Pauline
09-05-2008, 02:51 PM
What a pain! Hope you manage to get the time off it would be awful to miss the exam now! :(

Mollymop
09-05-2008, 03:49 PM
Oh poor you!