PDA

View Full Version : Please help

Sindie
04-08-2011, 06:42 AM
Hi I am a new childminder in didcot oxfordshire an I am finding it difficult to get children to mind, is anyone on this forum who is fro
The same area or any advise for me.

I am getting a bit panicked now

Thanks

madmamma
04-08-2011, 07:13 AM
What have you already done to promote yourself? Do you have any business cards or flyers?

The Juggler
04-08-2011, 07:14 AM
get yourself known at the local children's centre and school (if you can). Also advertise on netmums and childcare.co.uk.

good luck.
x

Katiekoo
04-08-2011, 11:28 AM
Hi, I'm in Witney Oxfordshire and haven't had any problems getting mindees so far. I made friends with a lady on my ICP course and she had a friend who she gave my number as she was already as full as she wanted to be. I also got one customer from my website. Not many minders in our area have websites, I think parents like to see the kind of person you are and service you offer before making contact.
But really you can't beat word of mouth, get chatting to some Mums! You need to be a bit brave, and get talking to Mums at toddler groups, feeding the ducks, in the queue at the supermarket!

http://www.katiechildcare.co.uk

miffy
04-08-2011, 01:30 PM
Make sure your details are on FIS website too and see if your DO can put you in touch with other local minders - they can give you a better idea of what the work situation is like in your area and may pass on your details to parents if they are full.

Don't panic, sometimes it takes a while to get known and have the work come in but you will get there.

Miffy xx

Mollymop
04-08-2011, 02:19 PM
Nothing more to add, just wanted to say good luck I hope you get some children soon xx

Sindie
04-08-2011, 03:21 PM
Hi,
Thanks for all your help and suggestions I have put my details on Oxfis and childminding .co.uk and I am in the process of joining Trio. I had not thought about a website so I may give that a go but I have been stoping people in the street and giving them my card.
Will keep trying.

Thanks again