PDA

View Full Version : cutting the lawn whist minding

honey
06-05-2008, 01:23 PM
does anybody do it if they only have 1 to look after????????????? please be honest.

katickles
06-05-2008, 01:26 PM
I couldn't even if i wanted to - Ican't even start the thing!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

mrsb
06-05-2008, 01:29 PM
I wouldn't do it to be honest, not if it could be done when they aren't there in the evening etc. If there is no other way you can get it done, not at weekends etc and the only time you can cut it is while you are minding then you'd have to make sure the child is safe, if they had any way they could hurt themselves - with the mower or elsewhere if you couldn't see them then there is only one answer

live in a jungle lol ;)

Honestly though I wouldn't risk it personally :)

Kelly
06-05-2008, 01:30 PM
I have in the past, we came home from school one morning, children were aslepp in pushchair, so I though what the heck! They woke up still sitting in the pushchair, and watched while I cut the grass then came and helped me in the garden. Couldn't do it anymore as the lawn mower has become 'a green monster!'

kelly

crazybones
06-05-2008, 01:31 PM
No - I dont even do it with my own children in the garden. I leave that for hubby to do.

deeb66
06-05-2008, 01:34 PM
NO

Sorry to be so blunt but it would not be safe for the minded child to be with you and if LO is inside with all the noise of the lawnmower you wouldn't have a clue what they were up to.

Leave it until the weekend or get hubby to do it.....

bubbly
06-05-2008, 01:41 PM
I wouldn't do it either. My lawnmower is darn noisy & I wouldn't be able to hear if the child needed me. I'd also be concerned the child might sneak onto the grass behind me & get his/her toes run over.

Plus, neighbours may report me if they see me doing it during minding hours.

Alibali
06-05-2008, 01:47 PM
Cut grass? Moi? That is what DH is for:D Much too heavy a job for a poor, weak girl:D

Play with the kids n have fun instead!

Ali x

miss muffit
06-05-2008, 01:52 PM
Hi I cut the the back lawn if the children are asleep in a safe place, you never know when its going to rain!!!

sarah707
06-05-2008, 02:45 PM
Not even with my own children, absolutely not with someone elses. :D

honey
06-05-2008, 04:21 PM
o.k i get it!!!!!
i wont cut the lawn during minding hours. LOL
I will cut when i have finished or at 8p.m and annoy the neighbours

Mollymop
06-05-2008, 04:27 PM
Maybe cut it at the weekend?

Jinx
06-05-2008, 05:24 PM
I'm not even allowed to touch the lawn mower!!!
That belongs to my hubby and son!!
They went out the other week and bought a new petrol mower!
What the :censored: !!!!
Son has mowed the lawn every couple of days since!!! And the neighbours!!! It's gonna cost us a fortune in petrol.
That were they thinking?
:doh: :doh: :doh:

Jinx x

miffy
06-05-2008, 05:26 PM
Definitely not - under any circumstances!

miffy xx

breezy
06-05-2008, 06:23 PM
NO WAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

merry
06-05-2008, 06:37 PM
Definitely not!!

:)

mum22
06-05-2008, 07:08 PM
HI

No i would not and do not with my own children - too many risks.
helen

disney
06-05-2008, 07:08 PM
no i havnt got any grass any way but if i did i still wouldnt not with any kids or my dog :eek:

Tily Bud
06-05-2008, 07:16 PM
I dont, but my dh cut the grass toady while i was minding. We have a 13ft trampoline and the mindee bounced on the trampoline while shouting to my husband to do this bit or that over there lol xx

I was in the garden also so that she was being closely monitored x

donnahay0
06-05-2008, 08:57 PM
No I wouldn't - that's what hubby should do. If he is off during the week he will cut it while I have children but they would stay indoors. Afterwards we might go out and play with the grass clippings.

When I was a little girl we used to make a house with the grass cuttings, laying out the different rooms and then playing Mum's and Dad's - I love the smell of cut grass.

Cammie Doodle
06-05-2008, 09:20 PM
Hubby done mine today Mindee stayed in doors did not mind the noise from mower, but did not like the Strimmer:panic:

ma7ie
06-05-2008, 09:25 PM
I couldn't do it. I'd be terrified that something would go flying off in the direction of a child. Hubby does it at weekends if it is fine.

Cazz
06-05-2008, 10:34 PM
I wouldn't do it - I can remember somebody putting a post on here recently about their cable getting cut on an electric lawnmower. I know you would be careful but these things can happen and imagine the consequences if, god forbid, you did have an accident whilst minding.

I'm not going to cut my grass even when it is just me and my own kids at home anymore. Think I'll get dh to do it and then I can keep an eye out to make sure he is safe! Aren't I considerate!

John
06-05-2008, 10:42 PM
Sorry to say i have no garden but if i did i would proberly get a goat :)

john

crazybones
07-05-2008, 07:30 AM
There are that many cars and dinosaurs hidden in our grass that it is a major operation at the weekend to get it done :laughing: Hubby moans constantly that his precious mower is going to get broken - although he did mow over a frog once - that was not nice. :panic:

louise
07-05-2008, 07:38 AM
Minding is the excuse i use to get hubbie to do it. It finally got done this weekend. I have cut our grass a few times i hate it our garden so long. Love it a tiny house but a garden over twice aslong that is filled up with toys!!!

Polly2
07-05-2008, 08:06 AM
Ok scary story.....A friend of mine was cutting his lawn while his boys were playing in garden.

He put the slide to the side of the grden where he thought they could not get on it - anyway they did and his 2 yr old boy came down slide just as he was passing with lawn mower...in bare feet.

It sliced 2 of his toes off and his big toe was hanging.

They managed to pin his big toe and amazingly the others have grown back but with no bone. He also had to have skin grafts to cover his big toe.

He is fine now and runs about no problem but it does make you think - I am paranoid about lawnmowers and kids now.

crazybones
07-05-2008, 08:07 AM
Ok scary story.....A friend of mine was cutting his lawn while his boys were playing in garden.

He put the slide to the side of the grden where he thought they could not get on it - anyway they did and his 2 yr old boy came down slide just as he was passing with lawn mower...in bare feet.

It sliced 2 of his toes off and his big toe was hanging.

They managed to pin his big toe and amazingly the others have grown back but with no bone. He also had to have skin grafts to cover his big toe.

He is fine now and runs about no problem but it does make you think - I am paranoid about lawnmowers and kids now.

OMG that is horrible. :panic:

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
07-05-2008, 08:29 AM
No I would not like everyone else says that is hubbys job to do it.

Lorraine xx

angeldelight
07-05-2008, 08:35 AM
My hubby cuts the lawns anyway but NOPE I would NOT do it if I was minding

Angel xx