PDA

View Full Version : Clothes my mindee's come in....

sarah32
06-05-2008, 01:18 PM
Ive been looking after brother and sister for a couple of months now and there clothes are starting to become a problem but I dont know what to say to mum as I dont want to butt in and tell her what to do.

They come to me clothed in tights, trousers, vest, long sleeve top and jumpers. They sweat so much. I take there jumpers off but today there vests are soaking wet from sweat when they were asleep.

They come like this every day if the weather continues they are going to get heat rash and sores.

How would you put it without sounding like a know it all. My worst fear.:(

deeb66
06-05-2008, 01:22 PM
I would laugh and joke with her....something along the lines of 'oh they were so hot today and were sweating'

If she doesn't take the hint then I would probably change them into a t shirt or something (if you have any in their size) during the day to make them more comfortable and change them back to their own clothes before they go.

emmadines
06-05-2008, 01:23 PM
Ive been looking after brother and sister for a couple of months now and there clothes are starting to become a problem but I dont know what to say to mum as I dont want to butt in and tell her what to do.

They come to me clothed in tights, trousers, vest, long sleeve top and jumpers. They sweat so much. I take there jumpers off but today there vests are soaking wet from sweat when they were asleep.

They come like this every day if the weather continues they are going to get heat rash and sores.

How would you put it without sounding like a know it all. My worst fear.:(

How about asking the mother for a spare change of cholthes for when/if it warms up??? then you can get them changed???

wendywu
06-05-2008, 01:27 PM
I often say " i took ***** tights or vest off today as it got so hot they are in her bag" Parents have never had aproblem with it at all. Just write it in the diary.:)

katickles
06-05-2008, 01:28 PM
I would just ask mum for some cooler clothes as its nice & warm now & say you were planning a day in the garden & don't want them getting to hot in there wolly jumpers :)

mrsb
06-05-2008, 01:31 PM
Yep i'd just say that now it is warmer you will be outside a lot with the water etc and could they put a spare t-shirt or two in their bags for when they get wet :)

bubbly
06-05-2008, 01:34 PM
I have a similar problem with my two mindees (brother & sister). I tried 'dropping it in' to the conversation with dad and when that didn't work, I included it on the bottom of a letter as a P.S. (the letter was about a couple of my policies that were due for renewal). So far all my efforts have gone ignored :angry:. This evening I'm going to have another attempt when I ask for more baby food to be provided.

Sarah, I'd speak to the parents directly at collection time and say the kids were very hot & bothered in their woolies & could they pop a couple of t-shirts in a bag tomorrow in case the weather stays hot.

My mindees turn up in cardigans and no waterproofs despite asking several times. How can I do a school collection in the rain if the kids don't have waterproofs? I guess next time they'll get wet :angry: :angry: :(

crazybones
06-05-2008, 01:35 PM
Ive just stripped a mindee and put him in my sons clothes - I know she will be fine as she forgot a set today to replace the ones I changed him from on Friday. He did come in appropriate clothes but is soaked from water play. I would definitely mention the nicer weather and ask for a spare set

sarah32
06-05-2008, 01:38 PM
They've got a spare set of clothes which I looked at but again tights, vests, jumper and trousers. It was already warm this morning so she knew it was going to be a hot day.

Going to mention they sweated today but I dont know if she's going to put them in shorts.

They are always in tights and trousers no matter what the weather. Maybe they like to be always warm. :laughing:

Jinx
06-05-2008, 05:56 PM
Sarah,
Did you mention the clothes/weather?
What did the mum say?

I asked one of my mindee's mum's today to bring a spare set of warm weather clothes tomorrow. He was drenched in sweat by the end of the day!

I'm thinking of texting her in a min and asking her to return the half ton of sand that I think was down his trousers too!!!!!
Sand pit is looking a bit empty!:D :D :D

Jinx x :thumbsup:

Banana
06-05-2008, 06:05 PM
I would have to say something,

I'd just be straight to the point with this and say that as the weather is getting so much warmer it would be good if a set of shorts and tshirt was provided to prevent the children from overheating. Any level headed parent would see this as a totally resonable request.

xx

sarah32
06-05-2008, 06:21 PM
She herself came and collected children dressed in trousers and jumper and she was puffing so went straight in and said the kids had been quite hot today and would it be possible to put a set of shorts and t shirt in for them. She said it wasnt that warm this morning, said i have no problem changing them if the weather gets warmer.

she said ok, she would put set in for rest of week as I said it looks to be warm for the week.

I felt bad mentioning another change as have had to say a few things already about food and behaviour so didnt want her to think I was taking over or telling her what to do. she seemed ok.:)

Had to tell other parent need sun hat for week as only 1 and he has already been getting a terrible heat rash. agreed and will sort one out for tomorrow.

breezy
06-05-2008, 07:14 PM
had to remind all mine about hats today, I have spares but they're either not returned or argued over!!!!!!!!!!
hope mum sends them dressed appropriately tomorrow.:thumbsup:

miffy
06-05-2008, 07:18 PM
Well done for mentioning it Sarah - hope she sends some spare clothes tomorrow

miffy xx

Pipsqueak
06-05-2008, 07:20 PM
SOunds like a few newsletter reminders are in order!!!:D

Cazz
06-05-2008, 10:52 PM
I know someone that is the same with her son (and he's not even particularly little!). Hot day yesterday and everyone else was out in shorts and t-shirts and he had a jumper and coat on.

I think she is just being protective and trying to prevent him from being unwell but he is actually one of the worst absentees in the class due to illness!

sarah32
07-05-2008, 08:27 AM
Update in what they came in today

Little girl in vest, tights, long sleeve top and dress with sandals.

Little boy in vest, short sleeve top, trousers and sandles.

Well, were half way there. All thats in the bag is change of clothes, not for warm weather.:)

She did say I could take the tights off the little girm if gets too warm.

angeldelight
07-05-2008, 08:31 AM
Hi Sarah

Just catching up what a nightmare - I have the opposite problem a parent that sends her daughter with no coat and just a tshirt even when its really cold and pouring down

I am sure some parents do not have a clue

Well at least you are half way there now - think I would strip them off during the day - the tights etc and just put them back on when she collects

Good luck

Angel xx

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
07-05-2008, 08:31 AM
I suppose you are getting there slowly. I am lucky mine come dressed for the weather.

Lorraine xx