PDA

View Full Version : Family as assistants and your own children?

Tillystots
03-08-2011, 02:15 PM
This is my first post - please bear with me!

I am considering asking an aunt to become my assistant for 1 day a week to help with numbers. I have a 1 yr old daughter of my own - does anyone know if I would be permitted to leave my own daughter in her sole care if I took the others with me on the school run? I am happy to pay for her CRB but not sure if she'd want to do the first aid course!

Thanks

Tilly

mandynunn84
03-08-2011, 03:34 PM
if its your own daughter and your assistant is family (which being your aunt she is) I dont see the problem seen as family members dont have to register as a childminder if its for your children if that makes sense. someone with a bit more CM experiance might be better answering tho! xx

Greengrass74
03-08-2011, 05:41 PM
if its your own daughter and your assistant is family (which being your aunt she is) I dont see the problem seen as family members dont have to register as a childminder if its for your children if that makes sense. someone with a bit more CM experiance might be better answering tho! xx

This is absolutely correct, as a family member she does not need to register to look after your daughter, however if she was to help you with your minded children then yes she would need to be registered with Ofsted as your assistant.

Hope this helps

marleymoo
13-08-2011, 03:05 PM
This is absolutely correct, as a family member she does not need to register to look after your daughter, however if she was to help you with your minded children then yes she would need to be registered with Ofsted as your assistant.

Hope this helps

Dave has hit it right on the head

Hebs
13-08-2011, 03:42 PM

Hope this helps

this is correct, however she can work with you while your waiting for all the checks, as long as they are not left alone with mindees.