PDA

View Full Version : some parents are just so damn thoughtless to our feelings

honey
03-08-2011, 12:24 PM
i ahve been looking after twin boys since they were 3 months old, they are now 1. it was their last day today as the parent pulled them- apparantly she just wasnt happy with things- personally i think it was all planned that they stayed with me til they were one, then take them to a nursery!!! Anyway last day today and she didnt even say " thank you for having for having them"

It just makes me soooo mad:censored::censored::censored::censored::censor ed:

caz3007
03-08-2011, 12:34 PM
I had one family leave recently and I bent over backwards to accomodate them and was so flexible I bent in half and they didnt even say thanks, it was almost as though they were coming back next week.

They did say they may be back when she decides what she wants to do after her maternity leave....I dont think I will be available

honey
03-08-2011, 12:37 PM
I had one family leave recently and I bent over backwards to accomodate them and was so flexible I bent in half and they didnt even say thanks, it was almost as though they were coming back next week.

They did say they may be back when she decides what she wants to do after her maternity leave....I dont think I will be available
yep thats exactly what i did- i even let it slip when she paid 2 weeks late every month- tell you i wont be making the same mistake again. It just makes you feel as though they must hate so much as not to even say thank you.

The Juggler
03-08-2011, 01:00 PM
:angry: :angry: to parents like that - some people just have no manners.:panic:

Rubybubbles
03-08-2011, 01:02 PM
aaw hun :(

I have one leaving end of month same reason, turning one and off to nursery!!

honey
03-08-2011, 01:06 PM
yep she did say that she may be taking them to a nursery :angry:, tell you something tho- they won't stick to her sleep times and routines for the children!!

Chimps Childminding
03-08-2011, 09:04 PM
We have just had a brother and sister leave for the third time (mum got laid off first time) then changed job to fit in with school hours, then changed job again and needed half an hour every night after school as she wasn't home in time to meet them off the bus!!

Not once did we get a card or present (even though she said when they finished at the end of term "we will be over next week with your presents":rolleyes: )

Needless to say if this doesn't work out we will not have any spaces available if she comes back:angry:

Sometimes it seems the more you put yourself out the more you get walked over :eek:

Newbie1!
03-08-2011, 10:23 PM
I know it perhaps doesnt feel like it now hun but if shes like that then maybe youve had a lucky escape anyway!! I hope you fill your space with someone lovely now :thumbsup: :thumbsup: xxx

desiderata
04-08-2011, 07:10 AM
I know how you feel I have had one since she was 4 months old and she is now 3 1/2 last week it was my birthday on Thursday which they all knew about now dont get me wrong I dont expect anything from them but all the others sent a card and one bought a bunch of flowers but the one above I had my longest standing mindee at the moment I had a text message at 7.10 saying she wasnt well and wouldnt be coming. No birthday message at all. forgot to say she was back on Friday apparently tired on Thursdayxx

miffy
04-08-2011, 07:42 AM
Sometimes it seems the more you put yourself out the more you get walked over :eek:

I think there's a lot of truth in that!

Sad though that people can't manage a simple thank you.

Miffy xx

rickysmiths
04-08-2011, 07:55 AM
Oh I just had one leave. They only came to me in March because they couldn't get a place in the Day Nursery over the road from their flat.

Mindee settled so well and mum seemed pleased so I hoped I may have converted her.

NOOOOO she gave notice at the end of June, lo left last Friday. He will soo struggle where he is. They don't like the los in the toddler room having a sleep for one. He was the one who would fall asleep on the floor! He had three sleeeps a day, two 30mins and one 2hrs which mum was so pleased about! His dad gets home late so lo doesn't go to bed until 8pm at the earliest. I give hime a cooked meal for dinner which mum loved she didn't have to cook when she got home, nursery give more of a big snack at tea time!! He is 14mths.

I don't understand why they do it. His behaviour changed in the last month he was with me and settling into Nursery. He was throwing toys, picking up baskets of toys and tipping them all over the floor, something he had never done before. Poor thing.

No thank you or bunch of flowers. Just if he doesn't settle I'll be back :eek: Errrr! I don't think so madam. A saying 'You make your bed, you lie in it.' comes to mind.

caz3007
04-08-2011, 09:54 AM
I had one little girl who settled in nicely, she is just over 2. She was going to morning nursery 2 mornings a week and then one day with me 9.30 until 2.15. The four week settling period finished and mum gave notice as she has been offered the friday at the nursery. Its a shame, cos she seemed happy here and apparently talked about my other LO all week. Such a shame

Chimps Childminding
04-08-2011, 10:42 AM
I know how you feel I have had one since she was 4 months old and she is now 3 1/2 last week it was my birthday on Thursday which they all knew about now dont get me wrong I dont expect anything from them but all the others sent a card and one bought a bunch of flowers but the one above I had my longest standing mindee at the moment I had a text message at 7.10 saying she wasnt well and wouldnt be coming. No birthday message at all. forgot to say she was back on Friday apparently tired on Thursdayxx

I have had children from the same family for the last 13 years, and NEVER had so much as a Happy Birthday :( Then there are families who I have had only a short while who really make an effort :thumbsup:

Mummits
04-08-2011, 11:30 AM
I have come to the conclusion that certain parents (luckily in the minority) take out their own frustrations on their childminders - and nannies too for that matter. If they are feeling guilty about being poor parents, or about putting their jobs first, or jealous of the time you get to spend with their children or of the affection they show towards you, they take it out on you by being thoughtless or picky or snotty, for want of a better word. It's an 'I feel ****, so I need you to feel """""' attitude and you just have to try not to let it get to you.

Hope there is a nicer family just around the corner for you,

Mollymop
04-08-2011, 11:34 AM
I had siblings leave last week, (3 and 7) I had them for exactly 1 year. Did loads for parents, mum was always texting me to ask term dates, when school concerts were, what time she had to pick up after a school trip - you know the sort of stuff that most parents know because they read the newsletters:rolleyes:

I fed them for free once a week, changed days for them to my days off to suit mum when she had to work, every other Weds she had off but I didn;t charge like I would anyone else cos I wanted the day off myself, I didn;'t charge to keep space open while little one was at preschool (because at the time I deperately need the work) - I won't ever be doing stuff for free anymore..... because....

on their last day Mum didn't even bother to come and see me, hadn't even seen me all week, but sent her Dad their grandfather round to collect as she was working late. No thanks or proper good bye from anyone not even the kids:( :( :(