PDA

View Full Version : Can I advertise?

kazodoh
02-08-2011, 09:09 PM
I have completed my CYPOP course, first Aid and have had my pre reg visit, but am awaiting my CRB form return so won't get my registration cert until that comes through. Feel a bit frustrated as my CRB form got lost between OFSTED and CRB so there was a delay of 3/4 weeks.
My question is can I advertise now even though I don't have my certificate? Will potential parents trust what I say, I ask myself wether if I was the parent I would trust someone telling my story. Am very frustrated with this very long long long winded process started back in March!!
Any advise gratefully received x

sarah707
03-08-2011, 07:12 AM
March to now isn't that long to be honest! I know a lot of newbies who have taken a lot longer :laughing:

Ofsted do not recommend advertising until you have the certificate just in case parents get the wrong idea and think you are regd.

I hope it's quick for you! :D

angeldelight
03-08-2011, 07:47 AM
If you do advertise you would have to make it clear you are not available yet.It can take a while to get calls and your first children so I would probably start to think about it too.

Good luck I hope things get moving for you

Angel xx

kazodoh
03-08-2011, 03:35 PM
Thanks for that, I felt that I was perhaps being a bit too keen advertising before the certificate, just have to keep on waiting for CRB:(

Carrie1983
03-08-2011, 06:09 PM
:huh: I really don't see why not so long as you make it clear that there will be a time lapse before you are registered!

I started advertising in May and only sent the forms off in July (I started the process in March 10 by the way, but the delay is my own doing as I had a baby in April 10!).I got my first full time mindee in July (plus her p/t term time/ft holidays brother). I just made it clear I wouldn't be registered yet and the person I got doesn't need me til the end of September as she is moving here then. She's a dr and her daughter is my daughter's age - they are all so lovely, so it's worked out perfect. Also, she's said if by freak chance I shouldn't be registered in time, I can look after them at her house for a short time, which is great, and having been a nanny in the past I'm sure I'd manage with that arrangement fine.

So I'd say do some low key advertising and make it very clear you aren't yet registered but give a rough timescale.