PDA

View Full Version : Help, buggy board and pram ideas

handeme
02-08-2011, 06:33 PM
I currently have a Silvercross pop duo and a Maclaren XLR (which is use on diffrent days)

My problem is that come september I will have a 18 month (who already prefers to walk everywhere) 17 month old and a 10 month old.

I was thinking of getting a buggy board/seat just in case my 18 month old gets tired so he can jump on but I cant find one to fit.

I was thinking of selling my Silvercross and exchanging it for something else but at the moment I cant really afford that but if I have to I will.

Can anyone help with reccomndations?

c x

khlwomitchell
02-08-2011, 07:10 PM
if you need another twin stroller a Jane supertwin sin good and can take a buggy board too as it's single width. They aren't too pricey second hand too. I used a 'litaf' buggy board with my kids, its a little two height step so can stand or sit. also the fittings are for round or oval frames

Vic3003
02-08-2011, 08:50 PM
I have a double nipper 360 (£100 on ebay) and a lascal maxi buggy board and it works really well. You say the 18 month old likes to walk so will probably like going on a buggy board when you need to go a bit faster!

T0ffee
02-08-2011, 09:07 PM
Hi, I have a double momas and papas buggy and fit a bibi stroller on it, so if my 18 month old doesn't want to walk then they can safely sit there. It has foot rest and seat belt on it so is safe.

I am not 100 per cent sure if it fits the silver cross but the attachments on the stroller fit many pushchairs, google it and you can find out.

I got the idea from a thread on this site and can say it was so worth the money!

Good luck

mama2three
03-08-2011, 06:17 AM
I hate my jane powertwin - my arms literally ache after just a short walk , it pulls to the right constantly and isnt especially stable. Apparently this is a well known fault if you google them. Only saving grace is I can get it through my front door - essential if the babies have fallen asleep.

A nipper 360 with a buggy board - without doubt the best double side by side - incredibly light and manoevreable. Slightly too wide to fit in my door though:(

blue bear
03-08-2011, 06:39 AM
Have you tried the litaf two step buggy board on your double, it fits the maclaren twin triumph which is similar to yours

sweets
03-08-2011, 06:56 AM
I hate my jane powertwin - my arms literally ache after just a short walk , it pulls to the right constantly and isnt especially stable. Apparently this is a well known fault if you google them. Only saving grace is I can get it through my front door - essential if the babies have fallen asleep.

A nipper 360 with a buggy board - without doubt the best double side by side - incredibly light and manoevreable. Slightly too wide to fit in my door though:(

My jane used to pull the side and i went through a stage of hating it, till my friends husband altered the front wheel, apparantly they work loose. its great now as long as the tyres are always pumped up it never pulls to the side. Not sure what he did have a look at the nuts and gears bits on the front and tighten everything up. A bike shop will prob do it for you :thumbsup:

handeme
03-08-2011, 02:26 PM
I am watching a 360 nipper on ebay at the moment.

I read somehwere that the Litaf one dosnt fit the silvercross pop duo, can't remember where now.

I ideally need something that is easier enough to steer one handed because with a 18 month old toddling, I need a hand free.

Thanks everyone.

c x

khlwomitchell
03-08-2011, 08:26 PM
I am watching a 360 nipper on ebay at the moment.

I read somehwere that the Litaf one dosnt fit the silvercross pop duo, can't remember where now.

I ideally need something that is easier enough to steer one handed because with a 18 month old toddling, I need a hand free.

Thanks everyone.

c x

One hand steering is really the domain of a three wheeler, good luck wanting to take on another child but a non walker and a lazy walker means i'm looking for ideas too!