PDA

View Full Version : I bought a buggy and dh is going to kill me ...

mummyMia
02-08-2011, 04:53 PM
I was out shopping today and wandered into the Boots clearance outlet store. I wasn't planning on buying anything. I was just enjoying some time browsing around, when in amongst the slightly grubby looking ex-display buggies I happen to spot a brand new P&T Explorer for £200. It didn't include the doubles seat or rain cover but it was still a bargain! My heart went all fluttery and after a few minutes of indecision I bought it. It wasn't boxed and a few little extras like the wrist strap may be missing but it was in mint condition. It still had some of the packaging around parts of the frame. I paid for it but will have to collect tomorrow as I already had one buggy with me today. I will have to carry dd to the shop on my hip and bring her back in the new buggy because I don't drive and they can't deliver it.

I have wanted this bugyy for ages and am over the moon but am dreading telling dh when he comes home tonight. I don't have any mindees yet and we had agreed that I would wait until I have the first month's money in hand before buying a buggy. He is going to kill me! Wish me luck!

Mookins
02-08-2011, 05:42 PM
Hide it:clapping: can you keep it hidden at a friend house? i hide lots of stuff from hubbysometimes its bestthey dont know:D ;)

well done on your purchase

xxx

jayjay1963
02-08-2011, 05:45 PM
Like Mookins says hide it and hope you get a mindee real soon:idea:

Jacqui

WibbleWobble
02-08-2011, 05:47 PM
Ok this is what you do...

tell him that with the doubles kit this will mean you only need one buggy now so will be able to sell/hide/store all your other buggies. Let him walk up and down the street with it as you bleat on about how it is so easy to push and "look at those lovely wheels its all an engineering marvel isnt it?"

the above worked for me

I am not responsible for any adverse reactions to the above if used. use at your own peril

good luck

mandy xxx

jayjay1963
02-08-2011, 05:52 PM
Ok this is what you do...

tell him that with the doubles kit this will mean you only need one buggy now so will be able to sell/hide/store all your other buggies. Let him walk up and down the street with it as you bleat on about how it is so easy to push and "look at those lovely wheels its all an engineering marvel isnt it?"

the above worked for me

I am not responsible for any adverse reactions to the above if used. use at your own peril

good luck

mandy xxx

Absolutely love your plan, will try that next time I buy something!

Jacqui

FussyElmo
02-08-2011, 06:00 PM
Just pretend that you have had it for ages and he hasnt noticed it before mmm not sure that will work on a buggy :D

jane5
02-08-2011, 06:11 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I know this feeling, I do it all of the time :D :D

boxtree7
02-08-2011, 06:46 PM
say nothing .... see how long it takes him to notice

Chimps Childminding
02-08-2011, 07:31 PM
Mine wouldn't have a clue :rolleyes: It takes him ages to notice when I bu anything for the house never mind anything for childminding :D

ajs
02-08-2011, 08:35 PM
Just tell him it's an investment in your business and if he argues cry and tell him he's not being very supportive

( sorry can you tell my hubby has annoyed me this evening)

mummyMia
02-08-2011, 09:40 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I have just been laughing out loud reading all these replies and now dh wants to know what I am laughing about!

Completely agree with hiding things, dh never seems to notice. I bought a space hopper for ds last week and he hasn't noticed that one yet even though it is quite big and bright orange!

Unfortunately he does notice money coming out of the joint account so I couldn't really hide something as expensive as a buggy.

I have neglected to mention to him that I still need to buy the doubles seat. Just told him that I bought a double buggy and that the same one is selling in Mothercare for £459. So really, I haven't spent £200, I have saved £259. He was annoyed but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. There was no shouting, just a few frowns:)

Dragonfly
03-08-2011, 06:38 AM
All these replies have made me laugh:laughing: but I have never spent £200 on a pushchair in all the years I have been minding (or for my own children come to that) wot a tight wad Hey? :blush:

I do hide things, clothes, shoes etc and say Oh those had them ages thats a good idea:idea:

bakingmama
03-08-2011, 07:52 AM
That's so funny, I'm working my but off my husband wouldn't dare making a comment. So I get away with pretty much anything.:D

The Juggler
03-08-2011, 01:04 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: you lot are all so funny

mandynunn84
03-08-2011, 01:36 PM
glad there was no shouting :laughing:

but like you said... you didnt spend £200 you saved £259 pmsl!!! xx

karen m
03-08-2011, 09:08 PM
hide lots and lots sometimes if it is something for me to wear i say "well just shows how much notice you take of me when were going out ,worn this a few times" usually stops him in his tracks because most times he does compliment me on what i wear

Boris
05-08-2011, 07:20 AM
I bought a T3 jogger a few weeks ago. I really really wanted one and hubby was having none of it. He passed his motorbike test and went out and bought a bike on his credit card without consulting me so my revenge was to put the buggy on his credit card! What could he say?? :laughing: