PDA

View Full Version : Foam mat for the garden

pinkbutterfly
02-08-2011, 04:51 PM
So my idea of artificial grass for my fairly ever bold garden is out the window due to cost. I need a cheaper temporary solution and thought about a foam mat. Ideally I'd like one piece but saw ebay only do the interlocking ones. Do they do well in the garden? Do they unlock sometimes? I have a bald patch that's right in shade where nothing grows ... not even weeds and I thought I'd put it there and put wendy house on top and some other garden toys. Anybody has done this? Any tips appreciated.

sandy64
02-08-2011, 05:02 PM
hi i use the foam mats as i have mostly paveing slaps there ok dont tend to move i wash down regulary and lift up to dry. i have a small area with fake grass which has play house on B&Q do fake grass quite cheap. but yes providing you keep it swept/moped you will be fine to use under play house:)

angeldelight
03-08-2011, 06:57 AM
It sounds like our garden :laughing:

Not sure what to advise but I would love artificial grass

Angel xx

Cinders65
03-08-2011, 08:40 AM
The interlocking foam mats are in the sale at Tesco at the mo! £7.50

foxy lady
03-08-2011, 09:37 AM
hi have you looked on ebay for astro turf i brought a bit and fitted it ouselves as it cuts with sharp scissors we got a massive piece for £70 and collected from coventry (if it near you) she sell it ebay all the while as her husband fits tennis courts for a living and they sell of the large off cuts

mushpea
03-08-2011, 10:17 AM
we also looked at artifical grass and gave up cause of the cost,, we block paved the whole garden instead, i got fed up with the mud and the garden flooding every winter,, now we have a surface which the children can use all year round and easily drive the ride on toys around on, its easy to pick up after dog too!

Mamma4Ya
05-08-2011, 03:35 AM
hi have you looked on ebay for astro turf i brought a bit and fitted it ouselves as it cuts with sharp scissors we got a massive piece for £70 and collected from coventry (if it near you) she sell it ebay all the while as her husband fits tennis courts for a living and they sell of the large off cuts

I was thinking of doing this to cover our patio to make it safer for children to play. Does it withstand children riding their bikes on? How does it stand up to bad weather?