PDA

View Full Version : Some parents are too flamin' fussy

helendee
02-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Just had a phone call from a parent complaining that I had put the 'wrong' nappy on her daughter. Apparently I supplied her with a pampers one when she had given me Asda ones to use.

Oh what an awful childminder I am!:angry:

onceinabluemoon
02-08-2011, 04:00 PM
Seriously?

Is there something wrong with pampers nappies that I dont know about?

I can imagine somebody being a little bit peeved if it was the other way around but that is madness, lol :laughing:

lauren1979
02-08-2011, 04:24 PM
My son and one of my mindees get awful nappy rash from pampers, something to do with the chemicals they use to make them super absorbent I presume.
Mindees Mum complained to pampers and apparently it is a known problem for some children, she got a load of vouchers from their master company anyway!

Maybe something to include/ask on the About Me under allergies?

caz3007
02-08-2011, 04:35 PM
Now if the LO got a rash from Pampers, then surely mum should have said on the phone. Rather than to just complain cos she had the wrong make of nappy on. You obviously have more than one LO in nappies and its a mistake easily made if you are doing several changes at once

AliceK
02-08-2011, 04:38 PM
My son and one of my mindees get awful nappy rash from pampers, something to do with the chemicals they use to make them super absorbent I presume.
Mindees Mum complained to pampers and apparently it is a known problem for some children, she got a load of vouchers from their master company anyway!

Maybe something to include/ask on the About Me under allergies?

I supply nappies and have a LO who can't use Pampers as they are allergic to them so I use Huggies on her.
I'm sure this wasn't the case with this mum though as I would have thought if it was she would have said why she was not happy about it. Sometimes you can't do anything right. I think the heat gets to some people :panic:

xxxx

FussyElmo
02-08-2011, 06:03 PM
Just a thought erhaps its the fact that you have put a pampers one on and not the george one she sent as maybe she thinks that you are making a point by putting the more expensive on - who knows why

boxtree7
02-08-2011, 06:48 PM
strange ... it could have waited till tomorrow .. that would drive me crazy - try not to loose sleep over it

The Juggler
03-08-2011, 07:24 AM
she perhaps thinks that if you used someone else's nappy on her LO that you might do the same with her supply of nappies - who knows.

I have done the same in an emergency or a mix up - they are more things to worry about in this life surely:panic:

helendee
03-08-2011, 07:44 PM
Well she was nice as pie this morning and I have spent most of the day checking that the lo has the correct nappy on!! x