PDA

View Full Version : Literature for my dissertation

butterfly
02-08-2011, 02:25 PM
I'm trying to write my literature review for my MEd dissertation but am struggling to find texts/articles about childminding. I'm looking for anything which discusses the history of childminding, how it's changed since the implementation of the EYFS, why childminders are leaving the profession or anything relating to working with parents.

I'm also looking for books about research methods/ethics particularly anything by Pring or Opie. I've scoured my county's libraries but can't find anything and Amazon want £20 per book!

Can anyone help?

miffy
02-08-2011, 02:41 PM
Have you thought of contacting NCMA - they may be able to help?

Re the books, if you get the ISBN numbers the library may be able to order them in for you. Worth a try before you buy them

Miffy xx

Polly2
02-08-2011, 03:12 PM
At the ncma volunteer conference we had a presentation on the history of childminding and lots of information on eyfs - maybe contact them and see if they would share :)

The Juggler
02-08-2011, 04:20 PM
i don't think there is loads out there hon. the REPEY looked at childminding practice but not the history more the effect training and support has on practice.

Sorry, not much help. Asking the NCMA is a good plan.:thumbsup:

The Juggler
02-08-2011, 04:21 PM
try the Thomas Corum Research Institute too hon there was a study I looked at in Year 1 of my foundation degree as they look at the family and they did look into this type of care.

Penny1959
02-08-2011, 05:28 PM
Not sure if what you are looking for but in Proffessionalism in the Early Years (2008)there is a chapter by Sue Griffin about Childminders and the P word.

It talks about what is proffessionalism and how childminders see themselves - it also has a bit about the history of childminding

The ISBN number is 978=0=340-94834-7

If you would like a preview of it PM me your email address and I will try to scan a page or two into a word doc and send to you.

Not sure how much to post to you but if the preview show it will be of use I am happy to post book and lend to you.

Penny

watgem
02-08-2011, 07:20 PM
try google books too for books as many of them have previews, not usually of the whole book but ften enough for you to get decent quotes from:)