PDA

View Full Version : A 4yr old with Colic?

mandy moo
02-08-2011, 07:54 AM
Mindee was dropped off by mum just now, and told me in passing:eek: that he was sick saturday evening, I must have looked at her a bit funny, (48 hours an all that, he was with me yesterday too) because she she said it was colic that made him sick.

Mum is a Doctor/consultant/surgeon, so I assume she knows what shes talking about, but its never been mentioned before that he suffers from colic, hes been with me 18 mths, his Nursery school have never mentioned him being sick due to this either (we have agood relationship)

I didnt realise older children got it too?

I guess what Im asking is does anybody else have a child, thats not a baby, who gets colic.

QualityCare
02-08-2011, 08:39 AM
Never known a child to have colic at that age 6months is usually when they grow out of it and never known babies to be sick usually crying with pain. I wonder if she meant croup can still get that up to 4years old some children can be sick due to the coughing.

rickysmiths
02-08-2011, 09:01 AM
I was wondering if she said Croup. I had a little one with it and if she had a bad attcak she could be sick.

love381
02-08-2011, 08:53 PM
My 7 year old nephew can still get colic sometimes and it can make him sick!! x

pinky33
02-08-2011, 11:16 PM
I suffered from bad colic untill I was about 10, I used to go so stiff the only way to relax me was to put me into a bath and rub my back.

Used to also vomit or pass out with pain :(