PDA

View Full Version : well THAT wasn't planned....

Helen Dempster
01-08-2011, 09:14 PM
Not long got home from the Minor Injuries Unit with my 5yo DS!!! He managed to get a piece of lego stuck up his nose! It was so far up there that the nurse couldn't even see it at first and had to get a second opinion. In the end, DS had to lay flat on a dentist-style chair with a huge light in his face so they could find it. The long tweezers weren't able to get it out, they also asked him to blow his nose but he said it hurt doing that, so they gave up on that one, his nose was bleeding and he was screaming blue murder. In the end, they used some instrument with a little round thing on the end and managed to hook it out. He was happy when the nurse gave him an ice lolly though LOL

I've kept the piece of lego as a souvenir and everyone in the waiting room wanted to see it before we left!!! ha ha ha ha ha

sweets
01-08-2011, 09:18 PM
ouch poor little man, he won't be doing that again :laughing:

what i would like to know tho is WHY kids put things up their nose ;)

The Juggler
01-08-2011, 09:21 PM
ouch! how do they get these things stuck so far up that they can't come out - you'd think it would hurt too much!

sweets
01-08-2011, 09:30 PM
which piece of lego was it? lol

hope it wasn't one of the 2x4's :laughing:

claire'scherubs
01-08-2011, 10:21 PM
I can top that!!! Sorry to hijack your post!!!

My DD (4) stuck a hairgrip up her lady bits 2 weeks ago!!!!!:eek: Ended up in an ambulance to A & E, admitted overnight as they couldn't get it out and was going to give her a GA to remove it, however, next morning had one last try and managed to remove it......what a nightmare, so I feel your pain!!!!:(

Hope he is feeling better now xx

Caterpillar
02-08-2011, 12:54 AM
Not long got home from the Minor Injuries Unit with my 5yo DS!!! He managed to get a piece of lego stuck up his nose! It was so far up there that the nurse couldn't even see it at first and had to get a second opinion. In the end, DS had to lay flat on a dentist-style chair with a huge light in his face so they could find it. The long tweezers weren't able to get it out, they also asked him to blow his nose but he said it hurt doing that, so they gave up on that one, his nose was bleeding and he was screaming blue murder. In the end, they used some instrument with a little round thing on the end and managed to hook it out. He was happy when the nurse gave him an ice lolly though LOL

I've kept the piece of lego as a souvenir and everyone in the waiting room wanted to see it before we left!!! ha ha ha ha ha

Have you got a picture of it? I think we would all like to see it. LOL!!! One of my kids had a Biro lid stuck in his ear, you couldn't see that either - luckily when removed, his hearing was not affected!?!??!?

Roseolivia
02-08-2011, 06:06 AM
What are children like, luckily Rose hasn't attempted anything like that, although Alfie almost choked on a 20p piece last week, managed to whack his back enough to send it flying out.

lfishwick
02-08-2011, 06:33 AM
My dd stuck a pea up her nose so far we thought we would have to go to a&e because we couldn't get it out- but one last 'blow' and it came flying out!!!
My ds (aged 11) got a spring stuck through his lip after falling asleep with one in his mouth!! Totally wound round and through his lip! Required a&e removal!!

angeldelight
02-08-2011, 06:42 AM
Ouch

I hate noses ha ha

Best keep the lego away in future ha

Angel xx

breezy
02-08-2011, 06:51 AM
I've still got the bead my daughter wedged up her nose!! Luckily the long tweezers got it out. She was so proud she'd done it she was telling everyone!

miffy
02-08-2011, 06:54 AM
I once had a mindee put a pebble in his ear, fortunately not when I was looking after him and another who put a pea up their nose, again when they were with parents, thankfully!

Glad your ds is OK!

Miffy xx

Twinkle-Toes
02-08-2011, 07:50 AM
OMG!! Thats it.....all mindee's will have to have every orifice taped up for their duration with me!

I feel queasy just reading about it :panic:

~Chelle~
02-08-2011, 09:05 AM
Ouch and piece of lego must have hurt, glad they got it out.

My son stick lavender up his nose once, his breath smelt lovely :laughing: :laughing:

kindredspirits
02-08-2011, 09:48 AM
I have a mindee that will try to stick anything and everything into his ears - the most popular item being his lunch breadsticks! yuk!!!

appleblossom
02-08-2011, 06:12 PM
I have a mindee that will try to stick anything and everything into his ears - the most popular item being his lunch breadsticks! yuk!!!

The 4 yo I mind put a googly eye in his ear when we were doing crafty stuff a few months ago. My DS managed to get it out with blunt tweezers, stretching his earlobe to open up the ear canal a bit. Mindee thought it was hilarious and couldn't wait to tell his Mum and Dad.:angry:

georgie456
02-08-2011, 07:09 PM
I can top that!!! Sorry to hijack your post!!!

My DD (4) stuck a hairgrip up her lady bits 2 weeks ago!!!!!:eek: Ended up in an ambulance to A & E, admitted overnight as they couldn't get it out and was going to give her a GA to remove it, however, next morning had one last try and managed to remove it......what a nightmare, so I feel your pain!!!!:(

Hope he is feeling better now xx

OMG!!!!!!!! :eek: What a nightmare!!! Now there's a memory to bring up on her 18th birthday :) :)