PDA

View Full Version : Triple buggy - any recommendations....

SusanEMcc
01-08-2011, 06:52 PM
I need to get a triple buggy for September. I have 9 month old twins starting and already have a 1 year old. Needs to be sturdy, well priced and come with rain cover - I don't want much I know lol

Any suggestions??

lulubelle
01-08-2011, 06:56 PM
i love my t3 jogger, was lucky to get mine 2nd hand but they are expensive!

nic t
01-08-2011, 07:05 PM
I love my ABC triple, was expensive second hand off ebay but well worth it!

jane5
01-08-2011, 08:38 PM
I got my abc triple off ebay for £280.00 and it is worth every penny.

I bought a buggy pod and found it very hard work. It was pulling to one side and hurting my shoulder so I bit the bullet and bought the ABC and although it is big and heavy and I dont use it in the car it is very easy to push. There are lots of posts about side by side triples not fitting on the pavements and in school gates and also being very heavy to push.

My advice would be to spend as much as you can afford if you are using it every day.

onceinabluemoon
01-08-2011, 08:43 PM
ABC Everest triple highly recommended from me too.

The Juggler
01-08-2011, 08:53 PM
i have a t3 - got for £300 on gumtree and nearly new. love it but only tried as a double so far, haven't tried out the triple aspect yet! september and I will be.

SusanEMcc
01-08-2011, 10:38 PM
I've been looking on eBay and gumtree but can't find anything :( I really can't afford anymore than £250 so I think I'm gonna have to get a side by side buggy. I will only really be using it 2 mornings a week to walk lo's to school and to the local park etc so hopefully it'll be ok. Thanks guys for your help x

onceinabluemoon
02-08-2011, 06:15 AM
One word of warning if you go down the side by side by side route, check the paths are wide enough and you can get through the school gates!

I had a sxsxs one and couldn't get along the path near where I lived because lamp posts were in the way, I had to go into the road. I sold it and I'd only used it a few times so lost a lot of money.

The Juggler
02-08-2011, 07:21 AM
One word of warning if you go down the side by side by side route, check the paths are wide enough and you can get through the school gates!

I had a sxsxs one and couldn't get along the path near where I lived because lamp posts were in the way, I had to go into the road. I sold it and I'd only used it a few times so lost a lot of money.

took the words out of my mouth. i was gonna do a side by side as they are cheaper then realised I wouldn't get through my front gate :eek: :laughing: transporting 3 babies from the pavement into the house wouldn't have been easy. Also our pavements here are rubbish and the nursery gate is only just fits a double.

jane5
02-08-2011, 01:27 PM
I've been looking on eBay and gumtree but can't find anything :( I really can't afford anymore than £250 so I think I'm gonna have to get a side by side buggy. I will only really be using it 2 mornings a week to walk lo's to school and to the local park etc so hopefully it'll be ok. Thanks guys for your help x

If you have £250 I would wait and keep checking ebay and gum tree, or save up a bit more money because I went down the cheaper option and bought a buggy pod and a different double (buggy pod would not fit on my nipper 360) so I spent £200 and it was a complete waste of money. I then spent £280 on my ABC.

The ABC everest or T3 have the best write ups.

The Juggler
02-08-2011, 04:23 PM
If you have £250 I would wait and keep checking ebay and gum tree, or save up a bit more money because I went down the cheaper option and bought a buggy pod and a different double (buggy pod would not fit on my nipper 360) so I spent £200 and it was a complete waste of money. I then spent £280 on my ABC.

The ABC everest or T3 have the best write ups.

and if someone is selling for £500 don't be afraid to offer what you can afford. I think on Gumtree a lot of these mums buy them in haste when they have twins and a toddler then fidn their toddler wants to walk very quickly and they prefer a smaller buggy with a buggy board on so they are happy to get rid quick.

My £300 one was on sale for £500 - I just made a cheeky offer as I had no more money to spend.

Sara T
02-08-2011, 04:52 PM
I wouldnt recc side by side...I bought one, obaby triple as it was great price, but is was HUGE and I would never have got it through the door, or any gates without help from other people!!!

I sent it back and swapped for a double side by siede with a buggy board as my little one was nearly 2 then.

good luck with your search :)

Wendybird
03-08-2011, 01:04 PM
Could you get by with a double and carry one of the babies in a sling or carrier? May be easier all around until the 1 year old can use a buggy board?