PDA

View Full Version : So naffed off

Fraggle1
01-08-2011, 05:32 PM
Hiya!

I thought I'd finally got a good way of doing RA's, I listed all the different area's for checking for example 'Checklist for Toddler groups' gave it a code TG. Did others for H&G (house and gardens) etc... I laminated them all and then I printed a front sheet with the date on and all the headings to be checked 'TG' 'H&G' and then I would sign every day to say that the list on the laminated part had been checked etc... on the top of the sign. bit I put that any issues identified or the action taken would be noted in my diary. Thought that was a great way of doing it!
Well, lady from EY team came out and said big 'NO'....I have to beable to sign against every point every day for everything!!! Just seems daft to me cause if i've signed once to say I have done all of the checks daily why do I have to sign against every one? Spent about 4 hours re-doing all of my RA's - totally gutted that I have to go through about 10 tonne of paper signing against everyone - seems really daft to me :( xx

miffy
01-08-2011, 05:35 PM
And I wouldn't do it - it's daft - there is only you there to do the checks anyway.

I understand signing it in settings where the responsibility falls to different staff members but for us............................well, it's pathetic!

Miffy xx

mama2three
01-08-2011, 05:37 PM
Nonsense..
I do exception reporting too - no tick lists , just a note if i have had to address any issues or update anything.
My inspector praised my common sense approach.
I know all inspectors are different but I would fight my corner if they expected a ticklist - it proves nothing whatsoever!
And I would be telling the EY lady thankyou for your advice - then continue to do what works for me!!

Fraggle1
01-08-2011, 05:44 PM
It's infuriating isn't it? Well, I've done the list now but what I am goin to do is keep the orginal one I did which I thought was great and show Ofsted that when they turn up and see what they think! So annoyed...what a waste of time!!!! arggghhhhhhhhh boohoooo...it's moments like this I want another job lol xx

georgie456
01-08-2011, 05:49 PM
Nonsense..
I do exception reporting too - no tick lists , just a note if i have had to address any issues or update anything.
My inspector praised my common sense approach.
I know all inspectors are different but I would fight my corner if they expected a ticklist - it proves nothing whatsoever!
And I would be telling the EY lady thankyou for your advice - then continue to do what works for me!!

I agree with the above comment completely. Carry on with what you are doing - it works for you and it is your business.

snuffy123lulu
01-08-2011, 05:54 PM
Exactly the reason I declined their help when they asked to come and see me and go through how I do things. I just use my own common sense and was able to explain annything I do to the ofsted inspector. I got outstanding without any assistance.

They are mostly people who have never done the job and therefore have very unrealistic expectations of what we can actually fit into a days minding and what works best for us. Go with your own instincts and do whats best for you. Risk assessments are just writing down common sense and does not need to be repeated daily.

gegele
01-08-2011, 05:57 PM
have a list of the things you check, write in your diary the time you did RA and sign it.

ie: RA H&G 7.30 TG:10.30 no action required sign XXXXX

that should be enough.

i would refuse to sign every point! no time, waste of paper, waste of a planet!!!

watgem
01-08-2011, 06:25 PM
I was told the same thing by my EYSO too so now I have a "master" risk assesment and then a little note book that I write down each day anything untoward found and the actions taken and Ofsted were fine with thatxxx