PDA

View Full Version : Salmonella

annalg
01-08-2011, 03:55 PM
My son has just had salmonella. I closed for business for a week and a half and plan to open again tommorrow as his diorrhea stopped several days ago and he is well in himself. However his poo is not normal looking yet. A friend told me that Salmonella could hang around for 3 months! Now I'm panicing. Would I need to close my business for that long - obviously I would loose all mindees? Who is the best person to contact about this?

Any advice would be great

Thanks

The Juggler
01-08-2011, 09:04 PM
oh hon. sorry to hear that. glad he is feeling better. I would speak to ofsted. I had a friend whose son had e-coli and he wasn't allowed back to nursery for months until he had x number of clear stools but I'm not sure how salmonella is transfered if his d&v has cleared up so you might be ok.

Check with ofsted . hope you are ok to open.

annalg
02-08-2011, 08:32 AM
Thank you

I called Ofsted and they said there was no need to notify as it's my own child. They also suggested contacting the public health deaprtment about when to re-open.

As luck would have it my mindee is off sick today (not Salmonella!) so I haven't reopened yet. My GP was contacting public health for me today so I should have an answer before the end of the day. Very stressful all of this!

The Juggler
02-08-2011, 01:17 PM
any news ?