PDA

View Full Version : How many mindee's do you all have ??

katie78
01-08-2011, 03:06 PM
I am registered for 4 mindee's, 2 of which are in the Eyfs bracket and 2 that are 5-8, but i was just wondering how full you all are and if you have got a waiting list at all ??

I rang a few local childminders today asking if they have any parents asking for care and they are full to pass my number on but a few of them said work is very thin on the ground at the mo :(

I know it can take a while to get going and i have been doing some advertising around and about with nothing yet :(

Katie

Andrea08
01-08-2011, 03:09 PM
hi, some of mine finished 22nd july as they were on the grant and one due to come bk in the sept 2011 term but ive only got x3 part time children atm and one leaves on 12th Aug.... need to advertise i think coz im skint now in sept im going to be well skint lol

snufflepuff
01-08-2011, 03:23 PM
I've got siblings who do 1 day a week, and another mindee who comes 3 days a week. I have a new mindee starting in September who will do 2 days a week- various hours. It leaves me with one space on a Tuesday and one space on a Wednesday. I don't work Fridays and don't do school aged children.

rachelle
01-08-2011, 03:29 PM
I have 6 part time mindees and 1 full time, all eyfs age range.
2 school drop offs but it did take almost 2 years to build my business up and most of my business now comes from my own children's school and being at groups. My 2 are 8 now too which helps as not in my numbers so can do the extras for school runs.
I'll lose 2 of those 6 at the end of August though and at the moment I'm not looking to replace them as some days with only 2 mindees are much needed!

Tink
01-08-2011, 03:40 PM
I work with hubby as my assistant and we are registered for 7 children per day.
Altogether throughout the week we have 14 children, 6 of which are in the EYFS I have before school, all day and after school children and the phone keeps on ringing, I have just taken a booking for January 2012:eek:

appleblossom
01-08-2011, 03:58 PM
I have 2 two year olds and a four year old. All part time. The 4 year old starts full time school in September and is leaving me to join his older brother in the after school club. I'm hoping to fill his place as I don't think i can manage financially with just two. One does 4 days, the other 3. The latter may go up to 4 days in October though.

I do have a lady who wants the vacant place in September but is currently trying to find a job.

funemnx
01-08-2011, 04:17 PM
I've got 11 children on my books which is lovely to be full (tiring though!) 9 of them are under 5's :eek: But looking forward a few years, assuming they all stay, I will have all of these children at school and hoping not to take on any more under fives (finances allowing) and no more EYFS!!!! :clapping: . The thought of not working 9 - 3 and just doing full days in the school hols is very appealing to me at the moment. Time to get all those jobs done that I've been putting off for years and I'm sure there'll be a LOT more jobs by the time this all happens (if it ever happens):D !

I wish you all the best in getting more children to mind - it can sometimes take a while to get set up with being as busy as you want/need to be :thumbsup:

Greengrass74
01-08-2011, 04:38 PM
I work alongside Claire (my better half) and we are both registered childminders.

Currently we have 15 mindees ranging from 22 months to 16 years, doing various hours, some full time and some part time. The 16 yo has Cerebral Palsy and we have 4 LO's with various SEN so it can be demanding at times. (Wouldn't change it though :clapping: )

The most we have at any one time is 11, but it varies from some days having only 4 to having 11 on our busiest day.

We have a new 8 month old starting in October which Claire is so looking forward to :thumbsup:

blue bear
01-08-2011, 04:42 PM
Work is really quiet here, with some minders with no work at all, most if my friends have spaces, I have three single day tome places but have taken on extra after schoolies to boost income.

manjay
01-08-2011, 04:46 PM
I have had an easy year as I wanted the time to study so I either had 2 or 3 days each week where I didn't work between 9 and 3. I have my own ds who is 5 and I have taken on 3 more for September who I am hoping with some moving around I can fit into 4 days. I always like to keep one day for myself;)

miffy
01-08-2011, 04:50 PM
I've got 12 children on the books atm - all part-time as I only work 3 days a week - and that's enough for me!

Miffy xx

mandy moo
01-08-2011, 06:38 PM
I have 4, (9, 6, 5, 4) all after schoolers even the 4yr old he goes to a Montessori Nursery.
They plus my own 2 (almost 10 & 13) is all I want at the moment.

SusanEMcc
01-08-2011, 06:47 PM
I have 3 part timers atm aged 1, 7 and 10. I have 9 month old twins starting in September 2 mornings per week - I can't wait lol. Just starting out so hopefully I'll get a full timer soon x

Dragonfly
01-08-2011, 06:50 PM
10 on my books I work 5 days a week but wish I only worked 4.

Eddisonsmum
01-08-2011, 08:26 PM
I have 6 which is 3 after schoolies mon to fri and 3 eyfs that are part time. Only started 3 weeks ago so I'm happy with that! X

Stormy
01-08-2011, 08:35 PM
I have 8, all part time, I work four days, five in the EYFS

sweets
01-08-2011, 08:46 PM
I have five 2 year olds, one of which has cerebral palsy and one has SEN.

I find 2 year olds the best age, they are so funny and you can do good activities with them and the added bonus is that all mine still have an afternnon nap :clapping:

muffins
01-08-2011, 08:48 PM
I have 8 mindees, 4 schoolies & 4 EYFS, also a 1yr & a 2yr old of my own!

PixiePetal
01-08-2011, 08:48 PM
Just 1 at the moment :) - had 3 leavers at end of term and not replaced yet.

Giving myself a quiet summer for once - 2 days/wk with the 2yr old and occasional days with ex mindees 12 and 11 yr old siblings who just about grew up with my own children.

Then in Sept the 2yr old should be back for 3 days/wk with baby sister starting too. If new contracts get signed for them I will leave it at that :thumbsup:

samb
01-08-2011, 10:54 PM
I have 2 part time, 1 part time hols only and 1 ad hoc. I am registered for 3 children (2 under 5). Mine are made up of...
Mon x1 full day
Tues x1 full day and 1 part day
Thurs x 1 part day

Hols child is Wed and Thurs full days and ad hoc is really just that although have her booked in for 12 sessions over 4 weeks of the summer hols.

Difficult to get work that fits with my dds school run :(

miss mopple
02-08-2011, 06:59 AM
Gosh some of you have loads :eek: I take my hat off to you I really do!

I have 2 part time (3 days a week)
1 full time
1 occasional/school holiday

One of my part timers is going to school in sept and will stay before/after school and I have a baby lined up to replace.

I have another baby lined up for February next year :thumbsup:

Lady Haha
02-08-2011, 07:57 AM
I have seven schoolies scattered throughout the week averaging around five every day. I only want schoolies, so I am happy with this and have no more space in the car for more!

But I wasn't always this full! It was a very slow process getting started. I had one when I started because she was a friends child who was waiting for me. It then took another two months to get another one. I then went a year before I got a couple more. In all it took two years to fill up to the point I had no space left (for schoolies).

So, give it time. If the other childminders in your area are saying they arent' full then it may take a while before you get a mindee. This is a very 'shaky' job sometimes as you can be full one minute and then have two or three leave in the space of a couple of months!

Can you do schoolies? Its this time of year that you get the last minute parents trying to sort out childcare ready for Sept!

Hope you get some calls soonx

katie78
04-08-2011, 07:17 PM
Blimey you have all got such a range, Eddisonsmum I have no idea how you managed to find mindee's soon your so lucky ! How did you do it ???

I know its very early but it feels like we are never going to find any, i have been leaving my cards as many different places as i can, my partner is going to be dropping some of his work load soon which is good for him about a gabillion less stress for him but its about £250 a month we will loose and it would be a real weight of our shoulders if i even had one full timer by then :(

Very big plops but fingers crossed my hard work pays off soon

Katie

Rubybubbles
04-08-2011, 08:10 PM
I have 2 full timers under 2 (did have another 2 yr old 7:30-12:30, just finished due to mum finishing work)

Thats it, and my baby is finishing end of Aug:panic: gone from having

There are 5 childminders in the area all looking with full time spaces coming in Sept, I didn't want to take on school runs again, but looks like I may have too:o

I am reg for 5 children!

Mouse
04-08-2011, 08:15 PM
I currently have 6 part time EYFS children who fill the 4 days a week I work (3 children per day). I also have 3 school children who I pick up from school approx 4 times a month and occasionally have for full days in the hols. As a rule I don't take on school children, but these are children I've had since they were babies, so have kept them on.
I have to be honest, I rarely have vacancies. My mindees tend to start with me as babies and stay till they go to school. If I do get a space it tends to get filled pretty quick, usually by word of mouth. But it has taken me a long time to get to this stage, so you do need to hang in there :thumbsup:

katie78
05-08-2011, 10:22 AM
Does anyone know if i can start to claim job seekers till i get some work ???

My maternity allowance has now run out but even though i have asked them nicely our bills wont stop till i have some mindee's on the books to pay them !

Katie

Eddisonsmum
05-08-2011, 12:29 PM
Blimey you have all got such a range, Eddisonsmum I have no idea how you managed to find mindee's soon your so lucky ! How did you do it ???

I know its very early but it feels like we are never going to find any, i have been leaving my cards as many different places as i can, my partner is going to be dropping some of his work load soon which is good for him about a gabillion less stress for him but its about £250 a month we will loose and it would be a real weight of our shoulders if i even had one full timer by then :(

Very big plops but fingers crossed my hard work pays off soon

Katie

Just very lucky. Out of 5 parents 2 came from childcare.co.uk, 1 I met at library, other 2 came with very unhappy experiences from previous childminders but needed someone ASAP who found me on net. I did google place page, website, delivered 1000 business cards etc... Just lucky I was in when the parents called!

appleblossom
05-08-2011, 01:33 PM
I have 2 2 year old girls and a 4 year old boy. The boy leaves me in September as he starts school and will go to the out of school club like his 9 year old brother. I'm hoping to fill his place with an under 5.

I used to have a lot more mindees but am supporting my 15 year old DS at present with issues and my brain needs some space for that. Have no family around except my DS so no support there for him. I'm trying to keep things reasonably calm and quiet at present; and happy with the LOs I've got. I also get Mondays off at present which is very helpful.

handeme
05-08-2011, 02:22 PM
I have been minding since April and currently have 1 EYFS (15 months), full time plus my own boys 16 months and 4 years.

My little boy starts school full time in September and I will then have a 10 month old coming, Tue, Wed (full days) and Thursday till 12.30 and a 20 month old on a Friday.

I have also booked a baby (roughly 12 wks old) to start in early 2012 for 1pm-6pm Monday and Thursday but mum is hoping that I can increase it to 4 afternoons a week.

I dont currently do school runs and have had no enquiries for school runs, the out of school club by me is VERY cheap I couldn'y compete with it.

I roughly get around 1-2 enquries a month but I have no space.

c x

BuggsieMoo
05-08-2011, 02:25 PM
Hi
At present I have 5 - but it is soon to be 4 due to one going to a school I cannot pick up from.

3 are wrap around school care (4 - nearly 5, 5 nearly 6 and 9 years) and a 1 year old I have full time.

Lisa x

sandy64
05-08-2011, 05:38 PM
hi ive 3 fulltimers and 2 2 days a week all under 5 but have an assistant working when i need her:)

Pixie dust
05-08-2011, 05:51 PM
I have two in the EYFS 1 does 1 day a week the other 22 hours a week days vary depending on mum's shifts. I have 1 7 year old (sibling of the 22 hours) plus 2 before school ones starting in sept but only 2 mornings a week. It is really quiet here :(

janminder
06-08-2011, 02:27 AM
I have:
1yr old tues, weds, thurs where one week no tues/weds and another week no thurs during a four week cycle and due to shiftwork sometimes goes early afternoon or arrives late morning.
2 x 5yr old
7 yr old (nearly 8yrs)
8yr old
2 x 9yr old
10 yr old
12 yr old
13 yr old

Only 8yr old is every day before and after school, others are part timers with one being morning only and one afternoon only so works really well.

And as my daytimes are mostly free I am hoping to start:
1yr old weds, thurs, fri
21mth old mon, tues and fri no school holidays and goes home either before I leave for school in afternoon or when I return

I also have a Childminding Assistant soon to become co-childminder (my daughter)

flowerpots
06-08-2011, 07:58 AM
I work with dh (assisstant) and we have 9 at the moment plus our own 2 children. The work will come eventually, just keep advertising hun, keeping my fingers crossed for you. :thumbsup:

Cammie Doodle
06-08-2011, 12:30 PM
I have the least amount of children, and work the least amount of days / hours I have ever done, but Im loving it. Mind you it has taken me since 1994 to realise I cant please everyone and the world, so for the first time I have chosen my days Tues Wed and Thurs and I now have

Tues 1x 1yrs and 1x 2yrs
Wed 1x 9mths and 1 x 20mths
Thurs 1x 1yrs and 1x 2yrs
And in Jan I will have a sibling start on Tues Thurs (so full those 2 days)

I also have 1 x 5yrs on Tues Thurs afetr school and holidays
1x 5yrs old Tues Wed and Thurs after school (term time only).

This has been a big change around this year as 3 moved school and 1 moved onto nursery nearer home. I did worry about the money side, but to be fair when I looked at it I have condensed everything into the 3 days instead of 5 some times only working with 1 child, so financially Im not worse off and not as worn out lol
Its a funny old game this Childminding , you just never know what's around the corner .

Rain or Shine
06-08-2011, 12:48 PM
Non at all currently. I am starting to think there is not a need for me as there are other minders struggling in the area. I don't know why the council sign so many of us up when there isn't enough children. They opened a new after school club in the area a few months ago and its taken all the children, they even take nursery age children.
Its madness.

katie78
06-08-2011, 04:23 PM
Oh no poor you Rain or shine ! I hope you can find some kids soon!

I had a parent contact me yesterday about a part time place starting september and i think she wants the place so fingers crossed it comes off as its enough money to cover my bills whoop whoop :laughing:

Gonna do a leaflet drop tomorrow through doors local to me and hope that comes up with something too :-)
When dd1 starts back at school in september im hoping to hand out cards then and hope i can get a couple of schoolies too :D

I have got everything crossed i can find some more work :thumbsup:

Katie

debs1
20-04-2012, 03:30 PM
I'm registered for 4 - I have a 3yo and 6yo of my own. Don't quite understand how some of you manage to have so many at 1 time.
Not that I begrudge you the business, I think it's great if you can get the business.

Katiekoo
20-04-2012, 03:51 PM
I only have 2 mindees but they are both under 3 and almost full time, up to 42 hours. I feel satisfied that my bills are paid and I feel busy enough. I have a waiting list and I will have an additional vacancy in september when dd will be a rising 5 and I have decided initially at least not to fill the space as I feel busy enough. So it's what suits you really. Hope things pick up :)

kellib
20-04-2012, 03:53 PM
I only have 2 mindees on my books just now but I'm more than happy with that, it pays the bills, buys the food and pays for holidays and my season ticket, all I need in life :laughing:

missymood
20-04-2012, 03:54 PM
7 on my books. Siblings 4 yr and 3yr 3 days a week, 3 yr old 2 days, an 18 month 3 days and two after schooled for 2 days. 1 adhock on a Wednesday morning. . I don't work Thursdays. Have also got 6 month sibling starting in aug but have 4 yr old leaving to go to school too.:D

The Juggler
20-04-2012, 05:16 PM
I'm quite "light" at the moment.

I have 5 under 5's and 2 after schoolers. The most I had at one time was 11.

rickysmiths
20-04-2012, 05:34 PM
I have been quite down but in the last week I have taken on 5 new children :thumbsup: including one full time 8-6 5 days a week. Something I have not had for over a year and they want to start next week :clapping::clapping:

I have two before and after school five days a week, one tiny, 6mths, on Sat and Sunday, and a holidays only 7yr old who is going to be a delight to care for.

So quite good because from the beginning of last week I had lost two 4 day a week ones, one to Paris and the other to a Nursery :rolleyes: so I was down to 3 doing the equivalent of 8 days a week between them and one of them is leaving at the end of June and another reducing from three days to one while Mum is on maternity leave, so I was beginning to get quite worried..

VeggieSausage
20-04-2012, 05:36 PM
I have:

3 lo's every day apart from a Friday where I just have 1, then 2 after schoolies from Monday - Thurs plus my own dd 4, dd 15, dd 17 .....phew totally knackered :laughing:

BucksCM
20-04-2012, 05:44 PM
I have 2 in the EYFS, 18m and 9m.
The rest are after schoolers...four in the morning and then 2 of those back in the afternoon
Plus my own 18yo and 12yo

fatima
20-04-2012, 07:22 PM
I have counted myself really lucky i'm full and i only started in august and i now have 10 children aged between 5 months and 8 yrs plus i have three kids of my own who are 5, 8, 16 i work 5 days a week 7.30 till 5.30 tired by friday but love my job

lozzy23
20-04-2012, 08:03 PM
I look after 7 children at the moment.

4 EYFS
1 x 20mth 3 days a week Mon-Wed
1 x 2yrs full time 8am-6pm Mon-Fri
1 x 3yrs 3 full days Wed-Fri
1 x 3yrs 2 half days 8-1pm Thurs-Fri (mum on maternity leave) Will
increase to Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri 8-6 in July.

3 after schoolies 6yrs, 7yrs, 8yrs
All girls bar my full timer

Mum of 3yr old on maternity leave would like me to have baby from July (he will be 8mths old). So will have to obtain a variation for 4 EYFS - 4 days a week:eek:

My own three children are 18, 16 and 13years old

Demonjill
20-04-2012, 10:00 PM
I have 8 on my books at the moment

Started with just twins 1 day a week alongside retail job then built it up and left my job.
Mon - 1 schoolie + 4yo + 5yo twins
Tue - 1 schoolie + 4yo + 3yo
wed - 2 schoolies + 2x 4yo + 3yo
Thur - 5yo twins + 9m
Fri - 9m

My kids DS (8) and DD (14) are include in my numbers until they are 16 so am very restricted in numbers up here:(
Im as full as i want to be - wish folk would decide what they are doing after summer as some start school and because im in Scotland my spaces are precious and schoolies are taking up spaces:(

Ripeberry
20-04-2012, 10:35 PM
I have 3 mindees. Two are sibling brothers and the other is a girl. On Mondays and Thursdays I have all 3 all day, Wednesdays only the siblings and Friday only the girl by herself. I have Tuesdays off :thumbsup:

debratina
21-04-2012, 04:25 AM
hi
i have 18 children on my books ranging from 20 to 12 years. i have also had another enquirery via childcare.co.uk. I have found by logging in every day more peopleare looking at my profile and iused the discount code to get a years worth access for £35 :D

jumping j
21-04-2012, 09:15 AM
I have been really lucky, been minding a year in May and I've got 9 children

1 x 2 year old 5 days 9am-2pm
1 x 2 year old 3 days (shift work so mornings one week afternoons the next)
1 x 2 year old 4 days (shft work so morning one week afternoons the next)
1 x 1 year old 1.5 days
1 x 7 months ad hoc
1 x 3 year old 2 afternoons (nursery in mornings)
1 x 4 year old ad hoc mornings (nursery in afternoons)
1 x 5 year old before or after school depending on shifts
1 x 6 year old after school depending on shifts

It's a complicated jigsaw but I've got it balanced so it works and the ad hoc care know that if I don't have a space it's tough :laughing:

But I'm loosing the 4 year old to school in spetember, the 3 year old in may due to mum having another baby

JCrakers
21-04-2012, 10:29 AM
Ive got 15 childrenon my books and had an enquiry last week that will fit in nicely.

I feel very lucky to have 15 wonderful kids and 8 sets of equally wonderful parents :D 6 are eyfs and 9 are schoolies, most of the older ones have been here for years and Im wondering if they are ever going to stop coming...lol

Im happy at the moment but last year was so different as I only had 1 eyfs, things change so quickly in this job

Chatterbox Childcare
21-04-2012, 12:40 PM
I work with my DH and we have 26 children during a week ranging from 5months to 12 years, some a part time and some are just odd days

I don't have a waiting list as I pass them on to others if we cannot do it but in September I have 1 child leaving for school and her brother who is due in 2 weeks will be coming to fill her space

I would advise you to get hold of your area rep or Development Worker and network. We are always full as we refer to the Area Rep and she gives out others names with vacancies.

lfishwick
21-04-2012, 03:56 PM
I have 8 EY and 5 after schoolies on my books - all doing part time.

2 EY & 3 ( or 4) after schoolies on Mon
6 EY & 2 after schoolies on Tues
5 EY & 3 after schoolies on Wed
5 EY & 2 after schoolies on Thur
1 EY & 1 occasional after school on Fri

Everyone seems to want Tue, Wed &/or Thurs at the moment near me - suits me though as I have a nice start/end to the week with 3 very long busy days in the middle!

Monkey26
21-04-2012, 04:33 PM
Rather busy at the moment so working with an assistant two days a week but a few kiddies leaving between June & September so already advertising those spaces!!

Regulars = 12 in total as spaced out below...

Monday - 6 EY girls, 1 a/s girl, 1 a/s boy
Tuesday - 7 EY girls, 3 a/s girls, 1 a/s boy
Wednesday - 4 EY girls, 1 a/s girl, 1 a/s boy

Then I have 5 others on ad/hoc contracts (mainly come in holidays).

I work as a nurse on a Thursday and Friday xx