PDA

View Full Version : Dame Claire Tickell review

childminder54
01-08-2011, 07:21 AM
Hi will we have to go on another course if changes are happening to the eyfs.
when will this come into force. My inspection is due next september.Need to know which one I need to be doing

blue bear
01-08-2011, 09:25 AM
Interesting thought, mine is due too. I thought the changes were not massive mostly the 2 year old development check which I do anyway. Be interested to read other peoples thoughts.

Andrea08
01-08-2011, 10:36 AM
hi, you work from the EYFS of today for your inspection and in sept 2012 the new one kicks in so i would have paperwork ammended ready for sept 2012 to show your perpared for the changes.

until its in print and training is being set im not making any changes as yet and its the 6 to 7 areas of learning and development and some of the aspects that are also changing, and ill need a full breakdown of these as i use them in my obs etc so hope we get another EYFS CD so we can print off the new age sheets etc

they should give us a full break down (easy to understand list) of the changes and what we need to put in place... but i can wish lol

Rubybubbles
01-08-2011, 11:56 AM
follow current EYFS now then when the changes come in follow that

Pain in the neck, alot of us followed EYFS before it came 'legal' but now I think we should follow whats most 'current'

Penny1959
01-08-2011, 12:24 PM
Agree you follow the 2008 version until the 2012 version comes in.

Although some different 'lables' for some things - a lot of our actual practice will be the same - paperwork should be a bit easier as reducing number of goals from 69 to 17 - so less to track and write about.

Not all detail is finalised yet but 'rumour' has it that obs done when child engaged in free play, what is play being defined and a lot less in the way written risk assessments and trusting practitioners to know their children and what is appropriate for each child to do - or not to do.

As to if will need to do a course - well it will depend on how well each of understands the new document when it is out and dare I say on if LA's have funding to arrange courses free of charge or if we will be expected to pay for it.

Penny :)