PDA

View Full Version : how many times do I have to remind 1 set of parents about vouchers taking 3-4 days

maryp0ppins
01-08-2011, 06:50 AM
1st of the month........We have these 1st of the months 12 times a year correct???

I have reminded 1 parent quite a few times now that her vouchers take 3-4 working days to go into my account.......guess what no email so there for once again it's the 1st of the month & I wont be getting my full payment again till maybe Thursday :angry:

Parent does transfer a small amount of the money via bank transfer so that is in there but still leaving me short for the next few days of £257 & all my bills come out on the 1st :angry:

I have a late payment policy & I have let them off before due to it all being new (8 months now though) So today I am telling them as our policy agreement say's £5 per day late payments this will NOW be charged until my money is firmly in my account :mad:

Rant over :D

miffy
01-08-2011, 06:53 AM
Maybe once you've charged the late payment fees their memory will improve next month! :rolleyes: :D

Miffy xx

mama2three
01-08-2011, 07:01 AM
It is the parents responsibility to make sure you are paid by the 1st and so she may need to change her payment date to the company to make sure you get your money on time! I would implement your charge from next month - tell her that yet again this has happened and that you face bank charges!

Both parents of one of my mindees pay by vouchers - both go through on the same day , ku are always there by the 1st , computershare are always late! Mum cant realistically make her payment date any earlier as its her payday - the fault is definately with computershare who do not transfer as quickly as they claim they do.
I havent got a real issue with this as at least part of the payment is with me by the 1st and so they are still paying in advance.
I have changed my payment dates with the bank though by a few days to make sure that late payments / bank holidays etc dont cause too many problems.

curlycathy
01-08-2011, 07:12 AM
I did this too. I changed the day my bills went out by a few days and changed the payment due date to the 3rd of the month but made it absolutely clear to parents that I would also be implementing a late payment charge of £5 per day as I felt I had been more than reasonable trying to compromise to allow for the vouchers to go through. Funnily enough no one was ever late again - even had one parent turn up at 9am on a Sunday morning with the cash (after she phoned me on the Saturday to say there appeared to be a problem with the vouchers - dont think she expected me to say "oh dear and its the 3rd tomorrow so what are YOU going to do then?:D )

On the other hand - one lot of parents were so on the ball I swear they initiated payment telepathically as soon as I handed them the invoice!!

Dragonfly
01-08-2011, 07:13 AM
My vouchers also take a few days, I get a email then the money goes into my account a couple of days after that.:( it doesnt bother me too much as i know i will get the money, but if you need the money exactly on the first of the month the parent should alter the date with the voucher company.

snufflepuff
01-08-2011, 07:28 AM
I had a parent pay with vouchers for the last 3 or 4 months of their time with me. I made it clear from the start that to was their responsibility to make sure the money was in my account on time, and that the vouchers take up to 3 WORKING days to get to me once they send them. Not once did I receive the money on time. Mum obviously didn't know that I knew exactly when she sent them online as i'd get an email telling me so......she would lie and say she sent them several days in advance when infact she was leaving it until the last minute. Like over Christmas- she sent the vouchers online and put a cheque through my door on New Years Eve! It was 13th Jan before the full amount was cleared in my account.
I have another parent thinking about using them in the future and I won't be putting up with any rubbish this time round. I've suggested they start buying the vouchers a month in advance so they always have the funds there ready to send me on time.

mushpea
01-08-2011, 09:29 AM
i had the same problem,, the day it came didnt really bother me as long as i got it as I put it in my savings account but then we had a couple of months when we did need it for bills so I asked them to pay on time and they didnt realise it took 4 days to hit my account,, so the last month it came i on time,, this month,, no money as yet and todays payday.
think i may have to impliment a late payment fee.