PDA

View Full Version : Childminding during the school holidays...quick question...

Fraggle1
31-07-2011, 09:14 PM
Hiya!

I've been off for the last two weeks which has been fab and what has been lovely is the fact that my own winks have been able to come downstairs in their jimjams and chill out etc...in the morning. When my mindee starts again next week he will get here at 8am and I feel that I will have to make sure the my kids are dressed...however at the same time I feel that it is their home and they should beable to get dressed when they like. What are your thoughts on it?? xx

nic t
31-07-2011, 09:21 PM
When mine were so young that they needed my help with teethbrushing, baths, dressing etc then I used to have us all ready for when I started work.

Now that my youngest is 7 they get up when they want and chill out in their Pjs for a while and then get themselves ready and dressed.

miss mopple
31-07-2011, 09:25 PM
I never get my kids up before I start work. Its their home and they should be allowed to chill in their pj's if they want to.I refuse to let my job interfere with them to that degree.

Fraggle1
31-07-2011, 09:32 PM
Thats great! Thanks for your replies :) think I've made my mind up - it's my job not theirs...they can keep there jammies on if they want to!! :) xx

nic t
31-07-2011, 09:42 PM
Thats great! Thanks for your replies :) think I've made my mind up - it's my job not theirs...they can keep there jammies on if they want to!! :) xx

:thumbsup:

Tealady
31-07-2011, 09:48 PM
Now it's the holidays and I don't have a school run my littley comes in his PJ's... just wish I could stay in them too!

Helen Dempster
31-07-2011, 10:03 PM
I never rush my ds - he can sleep in and stay in his PJs all day if he wants to. It's his home, so if he wants to chill then so be it :)

amanda1309
31-07-2011, 10:10 PM
Unless we have a trip organised my DD stays in her PJ's and gets ready at her leisure.

caz3007
01-08-2011, 05:53 AM
My DS is 8 and gets up early. My first LO's come at 8.30 during the holidays and he is usually dressed, but its his choice. He is slowly getting up later and later, so if he wasnt dressed thats fine, he wears PJ's so is decent and goes and get dressed when he is ready

mushpea
01-08-2011, 06:25 AM
my earliset comes at 7.30am 3 days a week an in term time my youngest is just rolling out of bed then for school,, I do tell them they either have to come down dressed or with pjs on but in the hols they can lay in till they want .

onceinabluemoon
01-08-2011, 06:26 AM
I think we must be weird in our family, I was raised to get washed and dressed before I came downstairs in the morning and raised my children the same way (although I'm not convinced a great deal of washing goes on :rolleyes: )

I thought all families were like this, it's such a shock to find we're the only ones, lol. We're weirdos! :laughing:

In answer to your question, I don't get my kids up before I start work but I start at 6.30 so that would just be plain mean, but they are always dressed when they come down.

miffy
01-08-2011, 06:54 AM
When my children were younger I'd let them stay in their pjs in their rooms but if they wanted to come through and join the mindees then they had to get dressed.

Miffy xx

honey
01-08-2011, 07:13 AM
my kids always come down in their pj's it's their home so they should be able to do what they want. my kids are 11 and 14

MaffAnna
01-08-2011, 07:21 AM
My children have to be washed and dressed before they come downstairs, but only on work days. They are 9 and 4.:)

AliceK
01-08-2011, 08:14 AM
My children are always up early but they know they have to be dressed if they want to be downstairs once I start work. I usually ask DD (3) to get dressed and supervise her but DS (7) can get dressed when he wants to as long as he stays upstairs when I'm working until he's dressed.

xxx

blue bear
01-08-2011, 09:19 AM
My teenagers don't get up til after lunch, get dressed when ready. I have had mindees have pj days here after all it's home from home care I offer

bakingmama
01-08-2011, 09:39 AM
My two boys get dressed when they want to during my minded hours unless we have organised an outing.

It's their home and they should feel comfortable.

Anne x