PDA

View Full Version : toy farm animals

lulubelle
31-07-2011, 02:53 PM
i brought a 2nd hand toy farm the other day but no animals! farm is wooden but not too worried if animals are wooden or plastic. anyone got any good ones they can recomend?

QualityCare
31-07-2011, 03:38 PM
I brought mine from ELC they used to sell them individually so l brought male, female and baby of each one.

jane5
31-07-2011, 03:59 PM
I brought mine from ELC they used to sell them individually so l brought male, female and baby of each one.

I love these but they are sooooo expensive so I get them off ebay :thumbsup:

Chimps Childminding
31-07-2011, 04:38 PM
I also bought mine from ELC. They are expensive but really good quality. I bought them when my sons were small (they are now 20) and they are still going strong apart from the odd one thats had a beak/tail etc chewed off :D

As they are sold individually you can just buy one or two everytime you pop in!!:D :D

jumpinjen
31-07-2011, 04:47 PM
I rate schleich.... I buy them from e-bay and nct sales, have built up a nice collection now!! Similar price to ELC probably.

Jen x

PixiePetal
31-07-2011, 04:52 PM
Schleich are the best IMO. Good size and scale. ELC are bigger - well mine are, but they are robust - mine are 15 yrs old at least from when my children were young.

Worth looking for second hand/ebay

manjay
31-07-2011, 05:12 PM
ELC sell schleich. These are definitely the best imo. We have a lovely garden centre near us that often has them on offer. I have built up quite a collection too:thumbsup:

Ali56
31-07-2011, 06:17 PM
I have some ELC and Schliech animals and I like them very much. But they are expensive. I also have Britains animals, they are fab, to scale and smaller. So it depends what you need. Britains are also dearer and probably the choice of alot (not all, I'm sure!) of farming families, they are my favourite!!
Equally though I have some bog standard animals from toys r us, cheap and cheerful, dont mind the kids taking them outside to play and getting them dirty and a bit scuffed up, fairly robust and easy to replace! :D

PixiePetal
31-07-2011, 06:43 PM
I have some ELC and Schliech animals and I like them very much. But they are expensive. I also have Britains animals, they are fab, to scale and smaller. So it depends what you need. Britains are also dearer and probably the choice of alot (not all, I'm sure!) of farming families, they are my favourite!!
Equally though I have some bog standard animals from toys r us, cheap and cheerful, dont mind the kids taking them outside to play and getting them dirty and a bit scuffed up, fairly robust and easy to replace! :D

I have Britains animals too - but have put them away as some are tiny. They were mine :blush: and DS played with them as they were to scale with his tractors (farming family :D ) mindees don't seem to care that the pigs are almost as big as a tractor :laughing: so they have the others

mushpea
31-07-2011, 06:47 PM
I have plastic animals and most of them are from when I was little that my mum kept and gave me:blush: , not sure who they are made by,,, I have also added to the collection with some from our local 99p store

Ali56
01-08-2011, 10:41 PM
I have Britains animals too - but have put them away as some are tiny. They were mine :blush: and DS played with them as they were to scale with his tractors (farming family :D ) mindees don't seem to care that the pigs are almost as big as a tractor :laughing: so they have the others

We have some which were hubbys, so they are quite old now :laughing: :laughing: and nephews and hes 26!! We don't have the tiny ones out when there littleys here, but the older ones like them in the hols, but then they also get the britains tractors and farm stuff out too. I'd never let the LO's get their hands on this stuff-it'd all be broken in a flash! most of it was DS's and he's 19 this year!!:D

miffy
02-08-2011, 09:14 AM
I have some Britains models but they are a bit small for under 3's.

Mostly ELC ones but I do like the Schleich ones too - very expensive but then worth it if they last

Miffy xx

Fraggle1
04-08-2011, 12:12 PM
If you have a B&M near you they actually do a a nice pack for £1.99 and they are really good quality....it comes with a bag of smaller things in like tiny rabbits, ducks etc...which I just keep out of the reach of the little ones. They also do bags of dinosaurs and zoo animals...well worth a look x