PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone babysit from your own home?

Katiekoo
31-07-2011, 08:28 AM
Hi!
I know it's sunday and I should be out having fun but hey!
I am registering for overnight care and plan to offer this service initially only to children already in my care. I also want to offer these families babysitting which I'd prefer to do from my home as it is risk assessed and I can be here for my dd too. I can collect and drop off to parents homes as late as 12.30am.
Now what I want to know is does anyone else offer baby sitting from their home? If so how do you find it? Do you charge differently for this than if you were at their house?

muffins
31-07-2011, 08:36 AM
I don't think it would be classed as babysitting if your doing it in your home, it would be childminding.

Tbh I wouldn't want my child to goto someone elses house in the evening & disrupt the routine by dragging them out at that time of night togo home! However I suppose if you are offering it then you must have had some interest in it, so go for it:thumbsup:

Katiekoo
31-07-2011, 08:47 AM
Yeah the families I'm working with have no nearby family and get no babysitting at all, I'm calling it 'evening care', which I think others offer.
I agree about the disruption, just feel more comfortable caring for children in my home, knowing it's risk assessed and registered and that I'm insured. Maybe I should be a bit more flexible about going to their homes though?!

blue bear
31-07-2011, 08:52 AM
Mm INS covers you when baby sitting in Childs home too

Tealady
31-07-2011, 09:45 AM
If you follow your insurer's guidelines then you will be insured on their premises. Unless the parents you mind for are clueless about child safety then their home will be just as safe as yours (I've never come across anybody with glaring dangers)

karen m
31-07-2011, 10:53 AM
I have a lo just about to start with me and his mum has asked about babysitting,i have agreed but stated it had to be in her home,she wanted him in mine, sorry happy to babysit ,not happy to be woken up at whatever time next morning plus then waiting for parent to arrive,had 2 visits to fill in contracts and everything and she was wanting to stay for a "few " hours,stated she was not crb checked,1 hour is enough on each visit i think,so re the babysitting think she would try and take advantage and try and stay a long time,gosh i sound mean

Ripeberry
31-07-2011, 12:02 PM
Depends on the children. For older children 5+ evening care might work between 6pm and 10pm or so but most people want their kids in their own beds at night or if they do go to your house, you would have to have them ALL night.

Katiekoo
01-08-2011, 08:18 AM
I found and ordered the NCMA babysitting checklist which means I'll be insured in their homes, so glad I came on here! Thanks guys :)