PDA

View Full Version : Sharing information

Bendy
30-07-2011, 08:36 AM
Morning

I know this topic has been bought up before but its one area I am not so sure about.

As of September I will be dropping and picking up a little one from preschool.

What information do you share with your preschool/nurseries etc. I have only shared information with parents so far.

Thank you

watgem
30-07-2011, 11:29 AM
i pass on any information from parent to preschool, and vice versa, sign preschool accident sheets then put in my own accident book and give a copy to parents cos preschool don't give out copies. At the moment they aren't that good at sharing EYFS stuff, however its slowly getting better as we worked together to support a child's mark-making. They asked to see the learning Journal I did for the child but didn't reciprocate:(hope that helpsxxx

blue bear
30-07-2011, 03:05 PM
Varies with each preschool, generally I introduce myself and give them a copy of my themed plan for the term and ask for a copy of theirs and copies of any letters. I offer to share the Childs learning journal with them and ask parents to send Childs daily diary I fill in to preschool with little one so staff can read and add comments.

Some preschools are keen and send info back and forth others just don't want to know. I have a good look round when dropping or collecting and build on things I have seen evidence of them doing, eg transport topic I might play spotting cars verses vans on the walk home.