PDA

View Full Version : Char-grilled rice anyone?

tulip0803
29-07-2011, 08:08 PM
I got distracted when boiling rice for rissotto and burnt it to the pan:( :blush: .

At least I know the fire drills work cos when the smoke alarm went off LO (just turned 3) started running to the door shouting "Fire! Fire!".

sarah707
29-07-2011, 08:24 PM
Oops! :laughing: Mine normally go off when I am cooking sausages... my 2 are wise to it now though and barely look up :rolleyes:

Try washing powder for your pan :D

Lady Haha
30-07-2011, 09:29 AM
Oh dear! But on the plus side, the fact that your little mindee automatically went into firedrill mode is fantastic!

The same thing happened here where I left something cooking in the oven too long and when I opened the door a great cloud of smoke bellowed out setting off the smoke alarm! I had four schoolie mindees here and they all dropped what they were doing and ran out the back door to the end of the garden! I was super impressed because during a fire drill, I don't actually use the smoke alarms, I just shout 'Fire Drill!' really loud to a group of unsuspecting kids! So the fact they responded to the alarm really impressed me!

Twinkle-Toes
30-07-2011, 10:13 AM
Great idea!!! I'll just pass off every meal that's 'caught a bit' (burnt to a crisp) as an impromptu fire drill!!