PDA

View Full Version : parent signing in and out?

jadavi
28-07-2011, 08:22 PM
A policy on a disk I bought off ebay from a childminder incliudes a form for a parent signing the child in and out every day to confirm the exact time...does anyone else do this and is this recommended? Seems a bit over the top but maybe its something |i need to learn along with everything else

still a newbie

jac

lulubelle
28-07-2011, 08:32 PM
i have a ncma book that has colomns for time in and time out

sarah707
28-07-2011, 08:51 PM
We are required to make a record of a child's exact time of arrival and departure.

Parents do not have to do this - we can do it ourselves.

Please be careful with buying things from EBay - some are good but others do not always contain good information. If you are not sure always ask :D

rickysmiths
28-07-2011, 09:46 PM
i have a ncma book that has colomns for time in and time out

Thats the Attendance Register for the children not parents. You are required to record the exact times a child is with you.

There is no need to record the time the parents arrive and depart.

jadavi
28-07-2011, 10:41 PM
Thanks for this,

Sarah I agree with what you say but how would we do that if I asked the forum about the disk I bought on ebay? I cant exactly name the person can I? The policies all seem very reasonable to me ..but I do take your point.
I'm still keeping up my other job while I register and haven't got time to sit down and write 30 odd policies, plus its useful to see what other people have written. I use them as starting points.

miffy
28-07-2011, 11:51 PM
Jackie, this is a good site for policies and procedures if you need a starting point for anything.

http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/

Miffy xx