PDA

View Full Version : Feeling really sad :(

Tink
28-07-2011, 03:14 PM
One of my mindees has just left as mum is having a baby in September and having a year off and has no plans to return at this stage.
I have made a really big deal of this child's last day and when Mum came to collect she never even said thank you. She asked if she had been ok? etc I tried to explain her LJ but she wasn't bothered.
I have worked really hard with this child and feel really sad and let down that all my hard work and extra days and hours I have worked have all been forgotten :( some parents:angry:

helendee
28-07-2011, 03:20 PM
Sorry to hear this Hazey, the same thing has just happened to me. I looked after a little boy for 18 months and his mum has just gone on maternity leave and won't be going back to work. I have put a lot of hard work into this lo (as I expected to) and went the extra mile with him as he is a Muslim and I was very careful to celebrate Eid by buying presents for all of the family and remembering all of their birthdays without so much as a thank you. In fact his mum didn't even bother bringing him for his last day with us so we didn't get the chance to say goodbye.

She wasn't interested in his LJ either and just asked me to hang on to it!

Whatever job you do in life you are always going to meet a wide cross section of people and I guess that Childminding does mean that it is inevitable that we are going to encounter all sorts on the way!

Try not to take it personally, it speaks volumes about her and not you. xx

onceinabluemoon
28-07-2011, 03:23 PM
Sadly this happens sometimes. Some parents really appreciate the extra little things we do, others just see it as they are paying us to do it so they don't need to say thank you.

Try not to let it upset you, the little one appreciated the fuss I'm sure and really they are the people that matter. xx

It's a small world
28-07-2011, 03:25 PM
Didnt want to read n run. I know how you feel I had one parent who didnt seem bothered about anything I did as long as LO was ok. When lo left gave LJ etc then got a text saying how fab she thought it was. Another parent (left on bad terms) always keen about what we did etc .When given LJ didnt seem to care about anything in it wasn't bothered at all...everyone different don't be disheartened..sending hugs