View Full Version : Ofsted?

28-07-2011, 01:49 PM
My son fell over this afternoon and got a nasty cut to the head so have been to A&E. I dropped my two mindees at another childminders house and phoned parents to collect which they did quite quickly. The other childminder was still in her numbers but do I need to inform Ofsted or just write it up as an incident.

28-07-2011, 04:12 PM
You don't need to inform Ofsted even if it were a Mindee. Before I get shot down they have changed what you have to report!

The haven't got the time or man power to need to know or to answer the phone to things like this.

I would just do a general Incident form explaining what happened and how well your emergency plan worked and get each of the parents to sign it.

I keep a copy of this document in the front of my Accident/Incident Folder


28-07-2011, 04:25 PM
I thought you had to report a visit to a&e ricky?

28-07-2011, 05:09 PM
I thought you had to report a visit to a&e ricky?

No you don't anymore Pip. If you look at pages 3-6 on the Document linked to above you will see the critera for Reporting to Ofsted.

If you read it you will see why I keep a copy in the Front of my Accident/Incident book Pip.

28-07-2011, 05:18 PM
Ah so they are saying minor injuries dont have to be reported but major ones do. So broken bones etc have to be reported but sprains and cuts dont even if it involves a trip to the a+e.

28-07-2011, 06:31 PM
I phoned them before your replies and your right you don't need to inform them, they were'nt bothered about it at all. I have written it up as an incident just in case and noted that I did phone Ofsted to find out if I needed to report it.