PDA

View Full Version : Fuming! They don't get any easier

littleguy1
28-07-2011, 12:28 PM
So today is my first minded Childs second day. Yesterday my daughter threw a wobbly and decided to storm off in a sulk and then today she tried to do the same and was very hostile towards my minded child. I wouldn't mind as you expect a slight bit of jealousy ect here and there to begin with but........she's 11 years old!!! I could have exploded, the little girl was ever so quiet this morning and my dd sat there arms folded in a sulk. This was all because I had board games planned for them and my dd wanted me to play with them. But my ds is toddling so is very hectic and takes up a lot of time so I couldn't really. I saw the other day a lady had put that her son played up when she had parents round, they don't get any easier!

miffy
28-07-2011, 01:00 PM
It sounds like your dd is feeling pushed out and a bit jealous of the fact that her toddler brother takes up a lot of your time and now she is having to share you with a mindee too.

Could you find sometime when she has your full attention - perhaps for a short time in the evening when midee has gone and your ds is in bed?

Miffy xx

manjay
28-07-2011, 02:17 PM
I agree with Miffy! It is a juggling act to keep everyone happy. My own ds who is 5 said to me yesterday 'Mummy when those babies are here I don't think you like me' :rolleyes: . Certain children take more looking after than others. Some you can turn your back on for a minute and they will still be in the same place when you look back. Others will be swinging of the lampshade in the same amount of time:D

Today is different as I have 3 older boys who really don't want me interfering in anything they are doing and ds is happy to join in. This has given me plenty of time to sit at the sewing machine with my 11 yr old DD so she gets some attention.

It is really early stages and I am sure she will get used to it. Especially if you give her some special time on her own:thumbsup:

wendywu
28-07-2011, 04:33 PM
Make her feel needed.

Make her your assistant, write up her contract of employment and get her to sign it.

Decide on her wages, give her control of the camera and tell her you need two nice photos of mindee each day.

Get her to plan games and suggest outings.

It may work :thumbsup:

gegele
28-07-2011, 05:41 PM
Make her feel needed.

Make her your assistant, write up her contract of employment and get her to sign it.

Decide on her wages, give her control of the camera and tell her you need two nice photos of mindee each day.

Get her to plan games and suggest outings.

It may work :thumbsup:

that's quite a good idea but i wouldn't involve money LOL

maybe you can have a chat with DD as why you chose to register, name her the advantage of childminding.
i told my 2 hcildren once when they were playing up that if they really wanted i would stop childminding, go to work early and come back late, never go to their school and sell most of the toys as we'll need money to pay the childminder!!!! They agree that childminding was a great option for our family! LOL
:thumbsup: