PDA

View Full Version : Do I inform Ofsted

BuggsieMoo
28-07-2011, 10:54 AM
Yesterday afternoon I took my daughter who is 4 out with a mindee to the park where there was a bouncy castle. My daughter fell getting off the bouncy castle and landed on her wrist, which in turn hurt her wrist. She seemed fine yesterday and was quite happy to play, but today is complaining that it is hurting her - so she is off to A&E just to be on the safe side that its not a fracture.

I was wondering, do I need to inform Ofsted that this accident has happened to my own child - only asking as it was during minding hours. Hope that makes sense.

Also, do I need to record this anywhere as it was only my own child involved, no mindees.

Thanks all

Lisa

Pipsqueak
28-07-2011, 10:56 AM
No you don't need to tell tham about your own child....:) blimey i would be FOREVER telling them about my kids!lol

hope your daughter is ok....

Twinklestars
28-07-2011, 11:04 AM
[QUOTE=Pipsqueak;961573]No you don't need to tell tham about your own child....:) blimey i would be FOREVER telling them about my kids!

Me too! My son is about on first name terms with our local minor injuries! The latest incident the other day he ran into one of those things you shout down at the park leaving a dint in his forehead, he jumped on the sofa and ended up with a pot on for the night and got a really nasty black eye playing football at school and that is only the last few weeks!

miffy
28-07-2011, 12:56 PM
I agree with the others Ofsted do not need to know.

Hope your dd is OK

Miffy xx

BuggsieMoo
28-07-2011, 02:55 PM
Thanks all. Back from A&E and its just sprained - thankfully.
Lisa x

Tealady
28-07-2011, 03:57 PM
I'd probably adjust my risk assesment though. Just in case in future it is one of the mindees

rickysmiths
28-07-2011, 04:16 PM
Yesterday afternoon I took my daughter who is 4 out with a mindee to the park where there was a bouncy castle. My daughter fell getting off the bouncy castle and landed on her wrist, which in turn hurt her wrist. She seemed fine yesterday and was quite happy to play, but today is complaining that it is hurting her - so she is off to A&E just to be on the safe side that its not a fracture.

I was wondering, do I need to inform Ofsted that this accident has happened to my own child - only asking as it was during minding hours. Hope that makes sense.

Also, do I need to record this anywhere as it was only my own child involved, no mindees.

Thanks all

Lisa

You may find this document of help. I keep a copy of it in the front of my Accident/Incident Folder

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/factsheet-childcare-serious-accidents-injuries-and-deaths-registered-providers-must-notify-ofsted-an

BuggsieMoo
28-07-2011, 04:57 PM
You may find this document of help. I keep a copy of it in the front of my Accident/Incident Folder

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/factsheet-childcare-serious-accidents-injuries-and-deaths-registered-providers-must-notify-ofsted-an

Thank you. I shall do that. x