Greengrass74
27-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Just watching Jo Frost on C4 it is very interesting, already had some good tips

karen m
27-07-2011, 07:19 PM
often watch her programmes,some useful tips

sarah707
27-07-2011, 07:32 PM
We just turned onto it as well... only because I've seen Grand Designs already :laughing:

Chell
27-07-2011, 08:12 PM
I was interested in the thumb/finger sucking as my 6yr old still sucks her thumb. She seems to do it more as she gets older rather than less. I can't see the spinge techique working though, I guess that was more to stop the child picking/sucking. My DD would hold the sponge with her thumb stuck in her mouth!

LOOPYLISA
27-07-2011, 08:29 PM
I like her :D

miffy
27-07-2011, 08:59 PM
I like her :D

Me too!

Miffy xx

AliceK
28-07-2011, 08:47 AM
I was watching dog training on the other side. My puppy is in more need of behaviour training than any of the children :laughing:

Do like Jo Frost though. Biggest piece of advice I ever heard from her was "choose your battles".

xxxx

pears
28-07-2011, 09:37 AM
I sucked my thumb till i was 22 and had 2 babies one 12 months and a newborn to look after!I was so exhausted by bedtime just climbed in bed and fell straight to sleep!
love Jo Frost too and even though sometimes i sit shaking my head in disbelief at some of the parents on her programmes(it just seems like common sense to me)perhaps when parents are living that way every day they just need thngs pointing out to them.

Pears x

mrs coops
29-07-2011, 08:17 AM
I sucked my thumb till i was 22 and had 2 babies one 12 months and a newborn to look after!I was so exhausted by bedtime just climbed in bed and fell straight to sleep!
love Jo Frost too and even though sometimes i sit shaking my head in disbelief at some of the parents on her programmes(it just seems like common sense to me)perhaps when parents are living that way every day they just need thngs pointing out to them.

Pears x

i'm thirty and still suck my thumb :blush:

shazsull
30-07-2011, 02:33 PM
IM 40 1/2 AND STILL SUCK MY THUMB :blush:

pears
30-07-2011, 07:20 PM
theres no hope for you 2!wonder what jo frost would advise at your tender ages:)

Helen x

lauren1979
31-07-2011, 06:38 AM
Maybe it's just me who is not a fan!

This article is something to read and think about anyway...http://www.alfiekohn.org/parenting/supernanny.htm

that and she can't say 'acceptable' :)

singingcactus
31-07-2011, 08:25 AM

This article is something to read and think about anyway...http://www.alfiekohn.org/parenting/supernanny.htm

Nope, I am not a fan either....although I would put it less nicely if you hadn't posted such a good way of saying it. Every so often I will put on one of her shows, but within minutes I am yelling at the screen and have to turn her off.

Now, the nanny team who wear those ugly purple clothes - them I do like.

Helen79
31-07-2011, 09:56 AM

that and she can't say 'acceptable'

I'm not a fan either, I've got the same article in my bookmarks :thumbsup:

Ripeberry
31-07-2011, 12:05 PM
So dummy's are not so 'evil' then :rolleyes: At least you can take them away.
One of my DDs had a dummy and never sucked her fingers of thumbs and the other never took a dummy and always has a digit in her mouth!

Trpta108
31-07-2011, 03:01 PM

Love that article. Watching Supernanny makes me fell sad.

helen 29
31-07-2011, 05:03 PM
I always watch any of jo frost programmes she is really good.

sweets
31-07-2011, 05:45 PM
not that qualifications are always important but im sure i read somewhere that she has none.

some of the advice she gives is good but sometimes i think she i a bit of a bully and on a powertrip, and often the language she uses is above the understanding of the ages of the children.

onceinabluemoon
31-07-2011, 05:53 PM
I'm sure I read somewhere she was a psychologist, which would explain the whole behaviourist approach.

If I watch it (and I do occasionally) I find myself shouting ACK, ACK its ACKseptable (acceptable) you dozy moo!