PDA

View Full Version : :o( Feeling A Tad Resentful...

VINASOL
27-07-2011, 04:40 PM
...as I know I should be happy that my DH has a job etc....BUT he's been told that he is NOT ALLOWED any holiday during July or August so that means that we as a family can't have a holiday either.

I could really use going away for a week too...no where expensive but just to the caravan park and to feel like I'm away from work and away from home :angry:

anyone else not allowed to go on holiday this year?

jayjay1963
27-07-2011, 04:47 PM
My hubby has certain times that he cannot take as holiday, but thankfully it hasn't affected our time off together yet! Is it because they are particularly busy at his workplace during the summer, I know that doesn't solve your problem but might help you to accept it.

Jacqui

PixiePetal
27-07-2011, 04:49 PM
I never get a family holiday in the summer as DH is a farmer and obviously really busy. It has always been the same.

When the kids were young I used to take them to stay with my mum for a week at the seaside in the summer :thumbsup:

We have met with my brother and his partner at the time (no longer :rolleyes: ) and my mum for a holiday in Scarborough - 3 flats near each other. That was fun

We have family hols at Easter holiday time - kids are now 17 and 14 so may not be too many more as a complete family :( weather has been great then and we all love Cornwall:thumbsup:

I had a friend whose DH worked for an ice cream company - no summer hols allowed there either - non stop ice cream orders to fulfil :)

VINASOL
27-07-2011, 04:55 PM
hubbie has worked for the same company for 26 years....we have been together 10 years and this is the first year we cannot go on holiday during the summer...so this is a big change for us and am definitely finding it hard to deal with and so are our two children (aged 8 and 4) as they can't understand why they cannot go away like their friends do on eh long school summer hols :o(

No choice in the matter (as there was no choice in havin gto work shifts and weekends).

sorry, but in a bad place this afternoon...:mad:

(and I don't have any parents that I can send my kids off too...so it's stuck in the house for 6 weeks - day trips are not the same!)

kindredspirits
27-07-2011, 05:23 PM
i know its not exactly the same but why not book yourself up for somewhere in the October half term if you are worried about the kids missing school - then take them on a few day trips over the school hols.

louise
27-07-2011, 05:44 PM
Ds 7 has never been away for a summer holiday as we have never been able to afford it. Instead he has had fun doing day trips. The closest he has had was a night in London which he loved and wants to do again.

onceinabluemoon
27-07-2011, 05:56 PM
...as I know I should be happy that my DH has a job etc....BUT he's been told that he is NOT ALLOWED any holiday during July or August so that means that we as a family can't have a holiday either.

I could really use going away for a week too...no where expensive but just to the caravan park and to feel like I'm away from work and away from home :angry:

Why not just take the kids off by yourself for a long weekend where hubs can come for Friday night, all day Saturday and go home Sunday night and you and the kiddies stay on a bit?

rickysmiths
27-07-2011, 05:59 PM
My dh is a teacher and a couple of years ago all the Easter Holidays were odd. dh works 10 miles from where we live and where the children go to school. The children were off for two weeks and then he broke up as they went back to school!

I took them away myself for a few days, it was great fun could you not do that?

Louise0208
27-07-2011, 06:00 PM
sack the hubby off & go it alone :thumbsup:

singingcactus
27-07-2011, 06:02 PM

Yeah, me. My husband is away in a war zone for the next five months!

VINASOL
27-07-2011, 06:04 PM
Hmmmm, some good ideas but as I'm with the kids 24/7 it would be nice to go away with the whole family to share the load and enjoy time spent together....there's no solution really apart from teh October half-term idea (I'm term-time CM anyway), but I'll get over it...I guess it'll be the same every year now...think it's rotten though :angry:

caz3007
27-07-2011, 06:22 PM
I know its too late for this year, but in future, how about May half Term, we often go away then and it works for us and the weather is usually reasonable

charleyfarley
27-07-2011, 06:55 PM

That's one thing I don't miss about army life, hope you are ok :thumbsup:

We aren't having a holiday again this year just days out but we do try to make the most of those.

I'd book a weekend away if I were you :thumbsup:

Carol xx

amanda1309
27-07-2011, 08:37 PM
My hubby can't make our holiday this year.

He doesn't get holidays as works 3 weeks on 2 weeks off, holiday was booked but no one would cover so I am off to Ibiza without him :laughing:

Going with DD, mam, my sister her hubby and their 2 kids. Can't wait

miffy
27-07-2011, 09:05 PM
Why not just take the kids off by yourself for a long weekend where hubs can come for Friday night, all day Saturday and go home Sunday night and you and the kiddies stay on a bit?

I was going to suggest this too - at least you would have a change of scenery and a bit of a break when hubby is with you too.

Miffy xx

The Juggler
27-07-2011, 09:15 PM

or go for a week and hubby can join you for both weekends :)

manjay
27-07-2011, 09:44 PM
I will probably end up spending half of our holiday on my own. My DH is self employed and can't take time off mid contract. Trouble is when we book the holidays we have no idea when a contract is going to come to an end. He will drive me, the children and the caravan to our holiday destination and he will join us when he can. Won't make me enjoy it any less:D

VINASOL
28-07-2011, 06:19 AM

:mad: now there's a real reason to be upset about not having a holiday :panic: Hope these five months goes very quickly for youxxx

The Juggler
28-07-2011, 07:03 AM

:( :( maybe you and vinasol should go away together :p

gegele
28-07-2011, 07:14 AM
no holidays here either!

i'm taking kids to france on my own hopefully
:D

singingcactus
28-07-2011, 07:37 AM
:mad: now there's a real reason to be upset about not having a holiday :panic: Hope these five months goes very quickly for youxxx

:D oops I lied. I am having a holiday lol. I am taking my 2 teens, one of their mates from our previous posting, my 5 year old and my old dad camping for a few nights next month. How could I forget that, 1 old man, 1 little kid and 3 grumpy teens all while I am due to have PMT :laughing: should be fun.

caz3007
28-07-2011, 09:16 AM
:D oops I lied. I am having a holiday lol. I am taking my 2 teens, one of their mates from our previous posting, my 5 year old and my old dad camping for a few nights next month. How could I forget that, 1 old man, 1 little kid and 3 grumpy teens all while I am due to have PMT :laughing: should be fun.

Now which campsite are you going too, just so we can all avoid it :laughing: :laughing:

The Juggler
28-07-2011, 09:10 PM

:laughing: :laughing:

nicola1981
30-07-2011, 07:52 AM

snap ..... roll on november lol