PDA

View Full Version : daily dairies for year one and upwards!

lilliuspillius
27-07-2011, 04:32 PM
Should i be doing a daily diary for children in year one and upwards.

At the moment i am writing a daily diary, but im beginning to think that the mindee is old enough to tell mum/dad what she has been doing?

what do you do?
I do have a scrap book which has her artwork in, some photos, etc - is that suffficient?

many thanks

jayjay1963
27-07-2011, 04:38 PM
I stop doing them once they attend nursery unless there are special circumstances. I just give parents a quick synopsis of our day when they pick up:)

Jacqui

sarah707
27-07-2011, 05:18 PM
I ask the parents what they want and follow their wishes :D

manjay
27-07-2011, 05:22 PM
My daily diaries/contact books usually stop when a child gets to 3 (unless the parent really wants it to continue until the child goes to school). Each child still has a scrapbook with photos/artwork etc in it:thumbsup:

Chimps Childminding
27-07-2011, 05:27 PM
I have to confess I only do mine for a year or so, more for babies so I can let parents know about feeds, changes, sleeps etc. I have only done one so far and parent never wrote anything in it the whole time even though it went home every evening :(

Am about to have 2 new babies starting and will see what response I get from these parents!!

Once I stop the diary I just continue with their LJ with photo's, obs, artwork etc all kept in the one file!

AliceK
28-07-2011, 08:50 AM
One of my school age children who I've had since he was 3, his mum still wants me to continue with his daily diary as she loves the photo's but I have adapted it and now stick a few pics and any arty type stuff he has done in there so it's turned into more of a scrap book. I don't write much in there anymore. He can tell her anything she wants to know and I usually have a good chat with her anyway.
xxxx