PDA

View Full Version : Bites

Helen Dempster
27-07-2011, 01:06 PM
Hello everyone - hope you're all ok and enjoying your hols

Yesterday I took mindee (just have the one this week) :) and own ds to the local woods as they had a brilliant fun day event going on. We all had a great time. However, there are a lot of midges at this particular park and both ds and mindee are covered in bites. Was worried about ds as I forgot to put his bug repellent on (he got bitten once before and it became infected, was awful). Anyway, I'm able to monitor his bites and put cream on, but what should I do with mindee? Would you just get written permission to apply a lotion to stop the itching? One of his is weeping at the moment, I just keep wiping it with tissue, but is there something else I should do?

Thanks guys n girls

QualityCare
27-07-2011, 01:20 PM
Is mum aware that its weeping? did she comment on it when she dropped off child this morning. If its only just started l would text her and tell her suggest you can put cream on and she sign medicine register when she picks up (by texting you have proof of what was said/agreed) does it look same as your sons
or do you think it needs looking at? If it looks worse you could phone and suggest she takes child to Drs.

Helen Dempster
27-07-2011, 03:54 PM
Is mum aware that its weeping? did she comment on it when she dropped off child this morning. If its only just started l would text her and tell her suggest you can put cream on and she sign medicine register when she picks up (by texting you have proof of what was said/agreed) does it look same as your sons
or do you think it needs looking at? If it looks worse you could phone and suggest she takes child to Drs.

she mentioned it this morning cos she'd put calamine lotion on. I said I'd run up a letter for her to sign later, just giving me permission to put some after-bite on it and she was fine with that. She understood as she visited said park/woods not long ago and also got bitten lots!

My son's looks MUCH WORSE!!! I think I'm more vigilant with him, as he did have a very bad reaction to a bite a few months back so I know the 'signs' for when/if it begins to turn nasty. I keep checking both of them. I hate midges!!!!! I actually saw the one that bit my son on his neck and it was HUGE! :eek:

QualityCare
27-07-2011, 04:25 PM
Thats good at least she understands, sounds like your poor son is one of those people midges are attracted to.

miffy
27-07-2011, 09:12 PM
Midges love me too! :panic:

Hope your ds is OK

Miffy xx

RainbowMum
27-07-2011, 11:00 PM
Bite/sting cream is pretty useless after helping taking the pain away after the initial bite - you may find using good old savlon cream is better if bites are sore afterwards - dont hesitate to see nurse or DR if they look nasty xx

love381
28-07-2011, 07:22 AM
Aww, I feel for your son and your mindee. I hate these horrible itchy bites!!! I once had an allergic reaction to a bite on the back of my leg just behind my knee that swelled up so much that I could not bend my knee!!

I found a wet flannel or something quite soothing, is that possible during nap/quiet time?

I also remember my mum telling me when I was very young I had bites all over me, but mostly on the backs of my legs and it was irritating me and stopping me from sleeping. After two nights of no sleep, my mum held my legs in the air so I could sleep and then went to the Drs the next day. The Dr gave me some painkilling medicine and said it should help me to sleep. I had an allergic reaction to the medicine and was awake for 72 hours, running around. Mum and Dad say that I didn't sit down ONCE!!! x